The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Tony Abbott: not a serious man > Comments

Tony Abbott: not a serious man : Comments

By Jennifer Wilson, published 22/2/2010

It doesn’t take genius to see Abbott’s modus operandi. He makes far-out statements in the hope that some mud will stick.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
I am perplexed about about how a well Educated person can be so callous and dismissive about the avoidable Deaths of four young men .
Apparently it's the Big Picture that counts here a few deaths here and there don't matter , Shrill and Panic are the antidote proscribed by the ALP to save everything from the Torch of a CO2 enhanced Hellfire Goebbels up by dubious "Climate Change Professors".

How come this Dr. dismisses the benefits of each State having a Department of Standards if we are not going to use them surely they all should be closed down ? What a ridiculous suggestion !
The point is had the Standards been applied those four young men would have been with us today .
The Mad Pop Singer is guilty of Culpable Manslaughter and no amount of Hype will bring those boys back ,Garrett was the Captain and he must be held responsible .
Posted by ShazBaz001, Tuesday, 23 February 2010 8:04:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dr Jenny Wilson's ultra left posts are also a bit of a joke.

For all her pushing for human rights an accountablility, we find her now apologising for the deaths caused by Garrett's negligence.

The risks clearly laid out in the risk report commissioned by Garrett's team came to pass, but Jenny implies that because he did not kill as many as the defense force in Iraq he is OK.

If politicians are not held responsible for their actions, human rights is a lost cause. Because Jenny percieves Garrett as politically better than Abbott, she is prepared to shed her values when convienient which makes her no better than any other politician.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 23 February 2010 8:39:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yep, and if Garrett is rightfully forced to resign, just wait for all of those supposed balanced academics to point the finger at the howard government for all the ministers that did not resign in regard to what they believed were important issues.

Personally, i think the 'insualtion' episode is one of the worst ever given the deaths involved and other aspects of the policy that needs to be questioned and scrutinised.

If a politician cannot resign over such events, when does one?
Posted by Chris Lewis, Tuesday, 23 February 2010 9:46:42 AM
I agree with the last few commenters.

Garrett might be able to keep his job if he hadn't been warned of the risks involved. But the fact that he was warned on numerous occasions and only read a major report he commissioned on safety nearly a year after the scheme started shows that he has been negligent and derelict in his duties to properly implement the scheme as best he can.

The fact is that he should have known, and taken appropriate action. The fact that he apparently did not know and did nothing means that he has no excuses.

Garrett must go. But Stephen Conroy should also resign because of his grubby dealings and general incompetence.
Posted by AJFA, Tuesday, 23 February 2010 11:46:36 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hello!! Are we all reading the same article? Cos I think the author is pointing out Abbott's hypocrisy. I don't get that she's supporting what Garrett's done.
And maybe I didn't notice at the time but how many ministers resigned from the Howard government when they stuffed up?
Posted by briar rose, Tuesday, 23 February 2010 5:47:24 PM
I'm sorry I missed this. I agree wholeheartedly with this piece. I can not take Abbott seriously. No way was the Rudd Government or Peter Garrett responsible for deaths resulting from the insulation program. I feel incensed at how this was portrayed in the media. Going by the comments here, Abbott appears to be onto a good thing, with so many people willing to jump on the bandwagon and support his ill thought out and irresponsible comments. Either that, or the comments here are from Abbott's inner circle of supporters, seeking to create an impression that people out there take him seriously. The ballot box will be the judge of whether Abbott has estimated voters capacity of moral and independent thought correctly. Having taken an interest in how much Abbott can get away with (as in, you can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time) I've been amassing a small collection of jokes and insightful pieces that indicates otherwise.
Posted by JanF, Friday, 5 March 2010 9:22:23 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy