The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Ballyhoo and balloons: political elections > Comments

Ballyhoo and balloons: political elections : Comments

By Valerie Yule, published 23/2/2010

Why can’t television ads and advertising agencies be ruled out of electoral expenses?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
OMG this is challenging , your last paragraph pretty much sums it up .
The elevation of the Greens sort of reminds me of "The Split" but thats a bit off topic and my memory is not so good so I won't go there.
The License fee is an issue , very grubby , injurious to Democracy in my view , especially given the Bias of TV Presenters , note I didn't call them Journalists ; only a couple left that could lay claim to that "Title".

Possibly Democracy's biggest threat is the 30 Million from the Unions
that turned "Work Choices" into a vile phrase when there was barely a murmur from the employees at a time when we were importing workers to fill deficiencies , what a joke . The problem is the Unions could apply the same tactic applied to the Sovereignty of Property for example .
The other issue is the Union ownership of Wind farms , this is really on the nose , especially since the Modus Operandi was changed after the gained Control , now if here is wind the main operator has to idle until the wind stops , they incur huge losses , it stinks and guess who pays yes we do !
Posted by ShazBaz001, Tuesday, 23 February 2010 12:47:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There isn't much one can say abut this piece with out sounding super critical and could take pages showing it errors.
Suffice it to say this has the substance depth of the electrons that made it appear on my screen.
Posted by examinator, Tuesday, 23 February 2010 2:55:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why did anybody publish this article? It is utter nonsense.

To begin with the shopping centres are privately owned. THey are open to the public for a particular purpose. So the shopkeepers, who are mostly tenants of the owner, are just insisting on their legal rights.

I could go through the rest of the article but it has so many errors. What a waste of time.
Posted by Lucy Montgomery, Monday, 8 March 2010 6:23:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy