The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A changing climate for the IPCC > Comments

A changing climate for the IPCC : Comments

By Mike Hulme, published 12/2/2010

The publication of false claims by the IPCC has been compounded by its imperious attitude.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Dear CowBoy Joe , the only explanation for "excoriating" in the Dictionary (GOOGLE) refers to a very lacerated "Freckle" , surely you don't mean to imply the press would do anything like that !!
Posted by ShazBaz001, Sunday, 14 February 2010 4:59:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
News Flash for Andy1 and friends - Jones the Climategate man has just come out of hiding and has come clean and admitted there has been no significant warming in 15 years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1250872/Climategate-U-turn-Astonishment-scientist-centre-global-warming-email-row-admits-data-organised.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0fV8RT7UK
Posted by Atman, Sunday, 14 February 2010 7:33:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
They all seem to have gone strangely quiet, atman.
Posted by whitmus, Monday, 15 February 2010 9:20:45 PM
Probably busy twisting their brains to come up with something like this:

Phil Jones is just one man...
Just because he says it's not statistically significant doesn't mean it's not happening.
Just because the science isn't settled doesn't mean the science isn't settled....
Ad hom abuse...
"Who's influenced him? Money must have changed hands in a dark underground carpark in an envelope marked "Vested Interests"."
etc...
Posted by whitmus, Monday, 15 February 2010 9:26:13 PM
whitmus: "Probably busy twisting their brains"

I can't speak for the others whitums, but my first reaction was to look for what Phil Jones actually said. You can find it here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8511670.stm

Unlike the Daily Mail, I didn't see a "Climategate U-turn". Nor did I see a "scientist at centre of row admits: There has been no global warming since 1995". In fact he said their had been warning. He was quite precise about it actually: there has been 0.12C per decade warming.

Looked like your UK Tabloid press reporting to me. They never let the facts get in the way of a good story.
Posted by rstuart, Monday, 15 February 2010 11:06:15 PM
It seems to me that science is all we have.
Therefore we have to establish a new interface between science and
politics.

The IPCC was that body and the fact that I used past tense without
thinking about it says it all.
It seems that it has boiled down to a simple point.
Monkton says that the sensitivity is less than what the IPCC says.
He also says that the actual temperature has not risen as high as the
IPCC projections, and that the IPCC has lowered their projections.

If those statements are correct then that should settle things for a
further period surely.
I see that Prof Jones agrees that temperatures are not rising at present.
That should give an opportunity to establish a new interface organisation.
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 16 February 2010 7:49:34 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy