The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > True colours > Comments

True colours : Comments

By Nazeem Hussain, published 11/2/2010

Time and again, when it comes to race, white people dominate the conversation: the view from the other side of the colour barrier.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All
great article - but you know what - most of us dont have brown neighbours..... the same criticism was made of the show 'friends' but in reality, it did reflect reality
Posted by nelle, Thursday, 11 February 2010 10:13:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Australia is predominately white. White settlers set the country up.

Despite the fact the fact that people of different colours have immigrated to Australia, and despite the constant rubbish talked about ‘multiculturalism’, the ‘white-only’ TV programmes – junk though though they are – actually reflect the Australian situation: white people do not, as a general rule, mix with non-whites or different ethnic groups. These non-whites and different ethnic groups do not mix with the host population to any significant degree because that’s the way they want it; or, that’s the way they have been encouraged to live by the loopy proponents of multiculturalism and ethnic pressure groups who have more to gain by separation. There is always tax-payer funded SBS.

Multiculturalism in Australia is just an expensive, divisive joke. There will always be Australians – meaning white Australians – and ‘others’.

The rest of the world determined that Australia is racist, claims Nazeen Hussain.

Stuff the rest of the world! The ‘rest of the world’ constitutes non-white, ex-colonies with a lifelong chip on their shoulders that are all too ready to express their own racism when it comes to any white people. Most of them have never been to Australia and don’t know what they are talking about. Oh, the Harry Connick Jnr. episode could be regarded as an exception because he is a white American. But he is a knee-jerking Left whitey of a similar ilk to our own loony Left that hates its own country.

The Indians in Nazeem’s final paragraph are the ones having an “issue” with the myth of a particular Australian ‘racism’. And I notice that the pathetic Australian soapies do, in fact, have token blacks and ethics in realistic proportion.

Anyone who is not happy with white Australian culture, but wants to live here and benefit from the values and mores of that culture, should take long look at themselves or find somewhere else to live.
Posted by Leigh, Thursday, 11 February 2010 10:36:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What did the Romans ever do for us.
Posted by Kenny, Thursday, 11 February 2010 10:48:09 AM
Leigh if you live in the city there are lots of Indians, Chinese and people of other races. If you live out in the country thats a different matter.

Australia is in the Asia-Pacific. It has a large Asian population and a growing Pacific Islander population. Both of these will increase over time. So suck it up.
Posted by Lucy Montgomery, Thursday, 11 February 2010 10:59:12 AM
I would like to know of any european country that has not been deemed "racist" by someone.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 11 February 2010 11:09:45 AM
Written with a bit of humour. How refreshing.

Alas Nazeem, you're quite right. I was in Malaysia when the Howard Government kept that Norwegian freghter full of refugees from docking. The Malaysians I knew in education and politics were amazed. 'So they'll stay on the boat?' yep.

It's as if global media hasn't touched Australia. We're so white bread it's laughable. I used to travel quite a bit and I was always glad to come home but the insular attitude made me cringe.

You don't need to be superduper worldly wise to realise that we're in Asia and that one third of our population either came from non-caucasian nations or are non-anglo families.

Film and TV in Australia just reflects this narrow mindset.

Keep this in mind: most Australians have never talked with an Aborigine.
Posted by Cheryl, Thursday, 11 February 2010 11:15:29 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy