The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Police Raid Without A Crime Being Committed

Police Raid Without A Crime Being Committed

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
In a worrying move on civil liberties, about 50 NSW police raided a property in Sydney where a group of climate activists (Blockade Australia) were legitimately located. According to the groups defence lawyers, the activists noticed strangers on the property on Sunday morning, they confronted these strangers and demanded they identify themselves and their reasons for trespassing, the intruders failed to do either. The then unidentified people got into an unmarked car, which was then surrounded by the activists, who were attempting to understand who the strangers were, and their reasons for being unlawfully on the property.

A lawyer for the activists said police had no legal basis for being on the property, they failed to identify themselves or their reasons for being there. This is an example of police overreach, a case of police exceeding their powers, and anyone who values civil liberties should be concerned.

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/jun/19/nsw-police-feared-for-their-lives-during-raid-on-climate-protesters-says-assistant-commissioner
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 20 June 2022 7:55:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Blockade Australia climate activists attacked police and slashed police vehicle tyres yesterday. Police feared for their lives, as they were pushed and shoved by the climate thugs.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 20 June 2022 11:51:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
That's hilarious. These dills spend their life invading public and private property in the name of saving Gaia, get pissed off when their 'property' is threatened.

Pot...met kettle.
Posted by mhaze, Monday, 20 June 2022 6:27:00 PM
Both sides are violent and disgusting.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 21 June 2022 12:22:12 AM
At what point does activism become extremism?

I think we have a real problem in society.
It's really as dumb as fighting over which is better
Ford V's Holden? AFL V's Rugby League?

Why can't I love coal for giving me a life above that of a neanderthal?
- And at the same time -
Why can't I also love practices that are better for the environment?

Tony Rinaudo is an Australian, known in Africa as 'The Forest Maker'
http://www.worldvision.com.au/global-issues/work-we-do/poverty/forest-maker

How the Sahara Desert is Turning into a Farmland Oasis - GREENING THE DESERT PROJECT
http://youtu.be/QXQrvT23rPw

Why cant we support the benefits of both industrialism and environmentalism at the same time?
Why does everything have to be divisive and exclusive?

Think about a common garden hoe or a mattock -
You need these tools to help in the garden;
- But you need a furnace to make them.

Some countries have different natural resources.
Some are better for agricultire, others for oil, and coal and mining, Some coastal nations better for fishing.
Our country is good for mining, but we shouldn't just rely on that.

I don't believe we should cut off our noses to spite our faces.
We seem to go from one extreme to the other and it's a system that doesn't serve us well.
I think climate targets are unrealistic.
It shouldn't be a one size fits all argument,
I don't like our country to be dictated to by foreigners.
Good ideas should be shared, but no sovereign nation should be dictated to.

These people aren't activists they're extremists.
We need better policies, not grind the country to a halt and take us back to the neanderthal age.
We can't move in a direction that is better for the environment if we don't have energy security.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 21 June 2022 2:24:07 AM
I see that the pedogreens true colours are showing as violent thugs.
Posted by shadowminister, Tuesday, 21 June 2022 6:06:13 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy