The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Scomo in Trouble

Scomo in Trouble

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All
The recent Scomo incident is interesting.
I have been waiting for someone else to comment.
People instinctively felt there was something wrong, but could not 'put a finger' on it.

This is what happened.
At a public gathering, a lady asked a question pertinent to her circumstances.
She wanted an answer.
Scomo should have focussed on her question.
He should have used his knowledge of government policy to outline how it could help her.
After all, that is what he was there for?

Instead, HE RETREATED MENTALLY, and focussed on himself.
He talked about his own family.
That demonstrates a mental desire not to deal with her question?
It also shows a degree of selfisheness on his part?
It definitely shows a lack of EMPATHY?
THAT is what really worried those who heard him speak?

Any attempt to whitewash the incident cannot succeed?
That which happened cannot now be undone.
What he said, and the reason for it, are clear.
All he can do is say he was wrong, and say he is sorry.
Then (genuinely) try to help the lady resolve her issue?
Posted by Ipso Fatso, Tuesday, 26 April 2022 10:16:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Scomo has that stupid habit of trying to shake hands with people before they off er to do so & he looks utterly stupid when he gets ignored.
Setting him up with people who don't want to shake his hand is obviously a Labor conspiracy !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 27 April 2022 8:26:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ipso Fatso, Stop trying to use a Media beat up on an innocent comment. He has been blessed with two healthy girls so has no need for disability services. END OF STORY. In the woman's case he was not there to give an answer to a particular case. The Department would have assessed her child's needs and supplied them accordingly. He could not determine her child's need.
Posted by Josephus, Wednesday, 27 April 2022 8:48:57 AM
I believe the link below is what Ipso Fatso is obliquely referring to.
You can judge for yourself- rather than some vague Ipso Fatso malaise-

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/news/moana-hope-calls-out-scott-morrison/ar-AAWqyul

Obviously Scott Morrison has had to manage the Australian Covid situation over the past few years- I believe that he's done an amazing job under fire- and could be excused for his shell shock at times. I feel much more comfortable with him being at the helm than anyone in the Labor Party- though there are some good points about Latham and Crean.

Morrison has had to find money for social security despite state management of the crisis. We've got a long way to dig Australia out of the hole. I think it's come to the point that the Australian people need to recognise that certain states have made the Covid situation worse than necessary- in bloody minded power tactics that have harmed Australia in a significant way.
Posted by Canem Malum, Wednesday, 27 April 2022 8:59:47 AM
I think Scomo's in trouble, but it has nothing to do with that trivial incident. He's campaigning on national security, but it's increasingly clear it's an issue on which he's all month and no trousers.
Posted by Aidan, Wednesday, 27 April 2022 9:23:51 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Was Scott morrison able to access if the child spoken about was entitled to more benefit than those dealing with her case? If you cannot give an answer to this question, you are just showing your ignorance. Having run as a Candidate myself I approached departments on behalf of citizens and found that their expectations were higher than their entitlements. Every mother wants the maximum for their child, but available funds are to be equally shared.
Posted by Josephus, Wednesday, 27 April 2022 9:33:12 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy