The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Australian Muslims being INSULTED , a danger for Australian National Security?

Australian Muslims being INSULTED , a danger for Australian National Security?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Some people say that if Australian Muslims feel they have been insulted by Australian people or by the Australian government, they might have a violent response to that and it can be a danger for Australian National Security in the future. What do you think? Do you think it is right?

Whether it is true or not, I believe we should not insult any religion, we should respect to all. I have seen some rude words about religion in my last post when people have replied to my post. Please do not write any rude word about Christianity or Islam or any other religion. Thanks.
Posted by Angela84, Saturday, 18 August 2007 7:06:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Of course you shouldn't, but some people will and they should have the right to do so.
Posted by freediver, Sunday, 19 August 2007 4:05:26 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My response is simple.....

1/ the Gospel of Christ... IS 'offensive' just look at how Ginx and Bugsy, CJ and Pericles react to it... (not putting them down, I'm sure they would agree with me here)

2/ The Gospel is more powerful than all other movements in history, always was, always will be till He returns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoyayndwXQ4&mode=related&search=
Posted by BOAZ_David, Sunday, 19 August 2007 6:13:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Freedriver three questions:
1. why shouldn't she do it?
2. Why do some people have right to do so?
3. Who are those people?
Posted by P_Dox, Sunday, 19 August 2007 7:31:27 PM
Boaz, I've warned you before, stop watching YouTube - especially that Christian propaganda. It prevents you from thinking for yourself.

It also make you say crazy things like:

>>the Gospel of Christ... IS 'offensive' just look at how Ginx and Bugsy, CJ and Pericles react to it... (not putting them down, I'm sure they would agree with me here)<<

Wrong, Boaz. Whatever gave you the impression that I have ever been offended by the Bible, or any part of it? It is a perfectly inoffensive document, full of wild and wacky stories about people with a need to identify with the spiritual world. The Harry Potter of its day, in a way, only one that takes itself 'way more seriously...

What is offensive is the way that some people use its contents to justify hatred against others, a hatred that has quite often been fatal.

What is offensive about the way you yourself treat the gospel, is that you allow yourself to believe that anyone who relies for their spiritual comfort on a different one, is somehow inferior.

It is also offensive that you use this sense of superiority to blind you to the fact that your evangelizing frequently crosses the boundary from proselytizing into rabble-rousing.

It's not the book. It's the reader.

The book hasn't killed anyone. Its readers have.
Posted by Pericles, Sunday, 19 August 2007 11:24:27 PM
To anyone who is not blind Angela 84 you come with a pre set view on this subject.
I see attempts to rabble rouse here, yes Australians are concerned at the worst of fundamentalism from Islamics.
And it would surprise few that one country's people more than any other are of concern.
But I see no value in an issue that is not yet on the horizon.
In time, without much more input from the majority from our Muslim community we face trouble and maybe a war but I see no point in starting it.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 20 August 2007 6:12:39 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy