The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Women’s right in Islam

Women’s right in Islam

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
"EG American Church abusing dead soldiers families at funerals"

I think the soldiers and their families definitely deserve some anti-war pushback.
The US is out of control with its foreign policies, foreign engagements and warmongering petrodollar economy.
They are too proud of the murder and mayhem they inflict upon others.

They should focus on opposing the wars instead of disparaging the soldiers though, but I do think the soldiers derserve a little bit of scrutiny.

There's a difference between defending your country and being a part of something that attacks others.

Disparaging fallen soldiers at their funerals is one way to send a message loud and clear, but protesting at anyone's funeral is unconscionable and not in good taste.

- That said, the US government and it's allies like to BOMB funerals -

We should keep that in mind.

(I'm not sure the issues I raised however are what motivates Westboro)
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/03/21/westboro-baptist-church-pickets-funerals/6688951/
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 21 June 2019 1:54:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Belly,

I mentioned the book by Susan Carland to kick start
this discussion. I've been watching programs on
television where Muslim women were discussing the
prejudices they felt against them in our communities.
I couldn't help thinking how would it feel if we
experienced that sort of thing? There are so many
wrong assumptions that are made about people we
don't really know by what we read in the media.
The media has a lot to answer.

Education, I guess is the key in abolishing bias.
Or at least trying to abolish it.
But sometimes it's easier said than done as we
know from our own experiences. I know what it was
like growing up in Western Sydney with a "foreign"
name and an unusual appearance (dark eyes, long
hair, and tall height).
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 21 June 2019 2:55:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is Iftikhar using another name now ? A woman's name ? Brilliant ! That could work.
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 21 June 2019 3:21:24 PM
Foxy we are on different tracks here, yes guilty we once, even now, treat Islamic women badly, some of us
We can never get close to being as bad as say Pakistan treats its women
Saudi Arabia, a nation known to murder press journalists, has activist women, a shining light in a dark place
It also has women in prison even murdered, for not wanting to practice a faith
The African continent is too known for women being oppressed in the name of a God that seems designed to please men and enslave women
Posted by Belly, Friday, 21 June 2019 3:30:09 PM
Dear Belly,

I guess we are on different tracks.

I'm talking about this country.
And the experiences of Muslim women
here.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 21 June 2019 3:37:51 PM
Foxy,

I fervently hope that Muslim women in Australia receive the same protection of the law, and the same rights under the law particularly in relation to marriage and sharing of property, as all other women should have, and have as much right to freedom of expression as all other women should have.

I'm sure you would agree wholeheartedly ?

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 21 June 2019 3:46:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All