The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Women’s right in Islam

Women’s right in Islam

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
I am feeling I should not have posted anything in this thread
Believe it or not I understand my view on religion is harming some hurting others, confronting many
I as said here,even know true good followers of ANY God are good people
But speaking about no God is unliked by many
However is my right
We are free to HIGHLIGHT the Catholic Church, not the only one, just the biggest, has housed pedophil preists for cenurarys
But nameing the Koran, telling us its God wed a seven year old?
IF WE worshiped no God, never ever again had to hear or see followers tell us how to live? what a great world that would be
Posted by Belly, Friday, 21 June 2019 7:45:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

Thanks for the link showing how women are striving for their rights, however, what is missing from the article is any sign of progress. It can be easily argued that women's rights under Islam have gone backwards a long way over the past 5 decades.

Articles from the 70s in Iran, Afghanistan and many Islamic nations show a degree of freedom that has largely disappeared, and even in what was previously a secular Turkey elements of the oppressive Sharia Law are being implemented.

From what I can see the light at the end of the tunnel is receding
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 21 June 2019 8:26:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
That would be the right to be bashed up, regularly, wouldn't it?
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 21 June 2019 8:39:22 AM
SM,

I gave Susan Carland's book to show that there are
women attempting to make changes within their
own communities. I guess the more we learn the
better informed we'll be. Although the media is
against us printing only what's newsworthy - which
influences many people's perceptions, unfortunately.
Probably, including my own.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 21 June 2019 10:33:29 AM
Looks like the person with the moniker veronica is not coming back to fill in the enormous gap in her post.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 21 June 2019 10:59:48 AM
Have given some thought to our author, we have always had international visitors
And while it's my view SOME question every new visitor, this one maybe more than just a fly by night
May even be Male, on a mission
Let's face it we are open to being heated when such subjects arise
Foxy, you will know I constantly fight the view all Muslims are in any way a threat
Hope you are well, hope I did not see something else in your post
A white ribbon pledge taker I consider it a duty to stand up for women, always
But can not truthfully ever say Islam shares my view,even the best in that faith by default,put women second
Again One day, I truly hope, humanity will truly debate the truth even source, of God fables and are they in the end more negative than good
EG American Church abusing dead soldiers families at funerals
Posted by Belly, Friday, 21 June 2019 12:15:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All