The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Real STOLEN GENERATION.... and its white.

The Real STOLEN GENERATION.... and its white.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All
Well.. most of them appear to be, (white) and what has been stolen ?

*IDENTITY*

How ?

A report on TV yesterday showed the trauma that young growing teenagers who were conceived by sperm donor experience, as they begin to realize they have biological roots out there somewhere..and a biological father.

DONOR 1025 One young fellow, struggled to find his biological father, and went to the sperm donor clinic and found ONLY a number...'Donor 1025'.

They would not tell him more. It struck him, that if he could be conceived this way, maybe OTHERS had the same father..and thus he might have biological brothers and sisters 'out there'.

He set up a web site, and asked if others had the same donor number.
Sadly, he didn't find any at first but a LOT of other young people DID find their biological brothers and sisters by using his site and the 'donor number' technique.

Personally, I believe we have missed the boat totally by placing the desire to 'have a baby' ahead of the interests of that very child.
But more than this, we have lost the sense of connection and identity that being born is meant to provide us.

In ancient Israel, the importance of having direct biological descendants, was so critical that if a man died before having children, his brother was expected to inseminate the widow on his behalf. Presumably this meant a marriage.

But.. name, family links.. biological connection... its all been "stolen" from these innocent young victims of our own desire to 'have a child'.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Monday, 6 August 2007 10:18:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David
I agree with you but only because there are too many people in the world already.
They should adopt a starving kid from Africa instead and churches ought to issue the pill.
By Law. No pill no food
We need to slow birth ratge world wide not increase it.
As for the young man with the number I assume he had a mum and dad who raised him and spent lots of money at the Drs etc.
I would say to him be grateful somebody dontated something so he or she could have two parents who very much loved and wanted him.
I would say he or she was very lucky and to get over it and stop lookng to create a drama where there is none.
Sorry Davo but this type of self indogence when others have real problems bugs me.
Love the parents and family you have.
Be gateful
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Tuesday, 7 August 2007 3:48:57 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I on seeing the threads name though it might address the fact white children did in fact get taken away from parents.
It is true that while I do not disagree with the fact a stolen generation took place.
And hold the view it was not always right and not always wrong, it was often based on income and others views.
I know my family for a short time lived in a city, and that a child welfare out of control took 5 lots of kids from the 22 homes in that street into care.
They attempted to take my family but failed.
We need to remember it was another time, not driven by the understanding we have today.
And we need to understand it was driven by Christians, who blindly though they knew better .
Strange but true given the way it turned out but those who tried so very hard to have me removed from my family came from both the ALP and the Catholic church.
A funny world isn't it? that Christian family saw each of its children serve prison terms.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 7 August 2007 6:00:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Belly_and_Palif... yes you both make good points.

The only major point though of this thread, was to highlight the sense of connection that we all have with our biological forebears
and I think we are seeing in these precious young lives, the sad reality of how a person feels when that real biological connection is denied them through no fault of their own, and where they had less than zero choice in the matter.

Belly, its interesting that this kind of program (which is in my view, equally hurtful as the 'Church' driven programs of the past)
is actually "Secular Driven" and is a classic example of what I usually term MIUAUG (Makeitupasyougo) social morality and ethics.

-I want to have a child.
-I cannot have one.
-I must find a way no matter what.
-I want to be fulfilled.
-I will get some persons sperm and do it that way.

The major problem with this, is it's lack of understanding of the nature of human beings. The vast genealogies in the old testament..
testify to the importance of family connection.

Numbers 1
1 The LORD spoke to Moses in the Tent of Meeting in the Desert of Sinai on the first day of the second month of the second year after the Israelites came out of Egypt. He said: 2 "Take a census of the whole Israelite community by their clans and families, listing every man by name, 'one by one'.

"One....by one"... each individual has importance, value and significance, but that cannot be separated from his family line either.

How far did this reach ? Right down to 'now' and to OLO

Numbers 1:47 "The families of the tribe of Levi, however, were not counted along with the others. 48 The LORD had said to Moses: 49 "You must not count the tribe of Levi or include them in the census of the other Israelites. 50 Instead, appoint the Levites to be in charge of the tabernacle of the Testimony"

One of our posters on OLO is from that last group...the priestly clan... and knows it.

"Connection"
Posted by BOAZ_David, Tuesday, 7 August 2007 6:37:36 AM
Have you ever had issues with procreating naturally, david?
Posted by StG, Tuesday, 7 August 2007 8:41:27 AM
Isn't this attitude in direct conflict with the arguments presented by anti-abortion protesters? One of the pro-life arguments is that if a girl gets knocked up, she should carry it to term and then she can adopt it out. It seems that these kids and parents who cannot conceive can't win either way, according to the fundamentalists.
Posted by Bugsy, Tuesday, 7 August 2007 9:16:45 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy