The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Personal Responsibility in the modern world

Personal Responsibility in the modern world

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. All
Bush walkers go missing and a million dollar search is on to save them
They never carried that couple of hundred dollar rescue devise.
Mothers ,without looking, push child in stroller out in front of a car at pedestrian crossing
Phone to ear walkers walk in to polls or even holes as life is live on the not smart, smartphone
Driving into flood waters and dieing or having other,s risk their lives to save you
What has happened to personal accountability?
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 13 March 2019 5:39:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What has happened to personal accountability?
Belly,
The insanity of the Left has caused it to be outlawed ever since the 70's.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 13 March 2019 12:16:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Belly,

I think that most people try to be personally
responsible. They try to do the right thing
themselves and by others. They pass on their values
to their children and families. The ones who fail
may have good reasons behind their failures. They
may be unable to cope with the pressures they're
under. They may be suffering from great pressures,
and stress, in their lives and aren't able to handle
things that they perhaps should. Perhaps lives are
becoming more complex than they used to be.
Panic attacks could have set in for those people
hiking in Mt. Buffalo. We can't really judge others
I guess, until we're in their shoes.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 13 March 2019 12:25:35 PM
Foxy,
The rott began when Academic Social "Experts" started to dictate to parents about disciplining their kids. Teachers were by Law prevented from dishing out much needed discipline in the class room. The mollycoddling that followed brought us the parents of today ! And we're stuck with their brainless offspring !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 13 March 2019 2:46:56 PM
indy, sorry, but I Would be ashamed, deeply, to post such a post as yours
Foxy, beg to differ, I think the last three generations of parents [last 50 years] are far better than those before
Yet in our increasingly insane rush world they still lock kids in cars
Still, without looking, push them in front of cars in stroller, without knowing the car even has time to stop
Walking in to people while texting,even driving while on the phone
Such a young lady, in bumper to bumper traffic, who had run up the backside of the last car, informed both the driver and attending police officer *if he had not stop she never would have hit him*
Helped control traffic till police arrived and the woman would not hear a bad word said about driving while on her phone
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 13 March 2019 2:49:13 PM
Individual,

I can only speak for myself - however, my children
are both high achievers, decent people,
and I am very proud of the
way my grandchildren are being raised. Few people I
know fit the descriptions you give. Perhaps we move in
different circles. You possibly need to go out more or change
your environment.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 13 March 2019 2:53:36 PM
You possibly need to go out more or change
your environment.
Foxy,
I do & am & thankfully, in my circles I occasionally see a number of humans that qualify as people & there are some who don't wear rose-coloured glasses.

Belly,
your last pointless quip is a good reflection of your mentality !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 13 March 2019 5:40:31 PM
Foxy,
I just saw a segment on 9News about the violence outside city Night Clubs. You're very lucky indeed that your kids aren't part of that.
Many parents however, aren't so fortunate.
There were some bone heads & other morons who really should be in a National Service scheme instead of roaming the streets at 3am. Yet, so many & particularly those of the Left are vehemently opposing A National Service. I can only surmise that they simply don't care about the future of this Nation's social values. Are there really only a few of us who can see the social & economic benefits of a National Service ?
What would you like to see being done with those young people with no idea of how to live with others ?
I have had countless conversations with Labor/Coalition supporters & it was only those in Public Service jobs who objected, the majority of people agreed there's a desperate need for a NS.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 13 March 2019 7:07:45 PM
indy first look at your post, look with clear unbiased eyes
Think about your words
Tell me are they your true understanding of this subject
Do you take personal responsibility for that post
Have we, in this modern world, rushed away from the understanding we do in fact have responsibility to others and even ourselves?
The thread is not going to fly, but the subject is one worth thinking about surely
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 14 March 2019 4:33:08 AM
That's right Indy, personal responsibility is the go. Once the government introduces my plan of low cost aged facilities 'Commonwealth Aged and Mental Peoples Services' better known as 'CAMPS' for short, for all those over 72 who failed to provide for their retirement years, the better.
Don't worry there will be no increase in the Public Service, CAMPS will be run by a special branch of the armed forces, known as the 'Pensioner Army Interment Network', PAIN for short whom among "other things" their job it will be to roundup any truculent old folks who fail to cooperate. At these "facilities" the elderly, will be set to work, at tasks suiting their ability and capacity, so hopefully a net cost to the taxpayer of zero. Understandably, CAMPS will be operating in remote locations, out of sight of prying eyes, we don't want Nosy Parker's snooping about, upsetting inmates, interrupting the vital work that is going on, disturbing security etc, agree?.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 14 March 2019 5:38:39 AM
disturbing security etc, agree?.
Paul1405,
A very good reason not to vote Labor then ?
Posted by individual, Thursday, 14 March 2019 9:39:56 AM
Individual,

No. A very good reason to vote Liberal.
In order to keep on getting what we've got.
And look how many of us are happy with that?
The only way to change things is to vote Labor!
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 14 March 2019 10:21:51 AM
indy vote Clive Palmer,he is more value to us than your side
But know my vote will cancel yours out
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 14 March 2019 11:54:07 AM
In order to keep on getting what we've got.
Foxy,
The legacy of Labor has to be dealt with on an ongoing basis & that's why things are not as good as they could be.
Had Rudd not squandered the Futures fund (& giving himself a $200,000 pay rise) & opened the gates to the criminal elements of people smuggling, everything would be much better by now.
Imagine the literally billions in the coffers by now if Labor didn't get the support of so many silly voters ?
The costs are socially & financially too high after each Labor Govt. As Public Servants are not affected by Govt mismanagement is why you et al don't have any qualms supporting them.
I can't see any point in my pension going up by $10/week if everything goes up by $20.
I'd rather remain at Status Quo !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 14 March 2019 11:55:38 AM
Individual,

Perhaps you should move to Victoria.

We're doing great!
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 14 March 2019 1:20:01 PM
Hi Foxy and Belly,

The wife and I joined the Queensland branch of the Australian Labor Party today. Unlike some I see no reason for hiding my political affiliations on the forum. With politics I believe you have to be active. Its 30 years since I was a member of the ALP, the wife has never been a Labour Party member before, although in New Zealand she, not being a fan of the Maori Party, preferred to be an active, and long time member of the Social Credit Party, counting two New Zealand Prime Ministers, from opposite sides of the political fence, Robert Muldoon and David Lange as personal friends. "T" did surprise me that she would join the Labor Party.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 14 March 2019 3:07:27 PM
Latest polling shows Labor's primary vote is 39 percent
Combined LNP two parties, 36 percent
Are we to believe indy? can it be 39 percent of our country men and women are wrong/being conned
Indy it is far easier to see you as uninformed than the 39 percent
Once in Orange NSW invited to a rally! bus loads of union officials!
Farmers federation!
See they wanted our help [and a younger Pauline Hansons,] to stop imports of drums of orange pulp, and pre-cooked chicken
Strange day,our unions boss said we must take the moral high ground
Pauline was shaking like a leaf, she stood on the back of a flatbed truck, we stood around our backs to her, listening, not agreeing, but watching for trouble, defending her
Indy that areas then National member said in his speech these words
Praise when it is due the Hawke Keating government served this country well when it opened us up to world trade and deregulated the banks
we kept the oranges out and stopped the cooked chooks too indy
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 14 March 2019 3:16:45 PM
Belly, no need to worry about the Liberal Party chooks, they've come home to roost. Unfortunately for Scum O's mob their goose is well and truly cooked.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 14 March 2019 3:38:38 PM
far easier to see you as uninformed than the 39 percent
Belly,
The "easier" is the operative word for Lefties. I have long known that but thanks for openly affirming it !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 14 March 2019 4:21:19 PM
Indy at this point, trust me, I could talk for days highlighting how out of touch you are'
No need to prove it
You do that in post after post
This left, the one that exists only in your head, would be my enemy too, see far left and far right are failures
Back on thread, skirting another in fact, radio news all day has been reporting an IS Bride, Australian, wants to come home
She, without a hint of saying sorry, [and she called on others to join her, also posing with a gun] talks as if she has every right to return
That highlights my view about personal responsibility
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 14 March 2019 5:15:41 PM
Belly,
Do you really believe there would be IS brides from Australia if our young women had the privilege & benefit of a healthy mentality fostering national Service ?
If it weren't for people like you opposing a NS we could be free of such idiocy !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 14 March 2019 5:24:48 PM
Why bother indy? why do I bother trying to unlock your padlocked forever mind
National service, a deep dislike of public service, Labor a host of things
But far worse while your thoughts are rarely shared by more than a few you verbally flog the majority
Doubt the thread is worth continuing,
But still think, think in fact your posts prove, people need to take responsibility for their thoughts and actions
Even, firmly, measure them ,without bias, against majority thought
Posted by Belly, Friday, 15 March 2019 5:43:15 AM
your thoughts are rarely shared by more than a few
Belly,
Went out last night for a couple of beers & directed the conversation to NS among 12 people at the Bar. All 12, including our 5 resident Labor supporters agreed that Australia needs a NS !
Posted by individual, Friday, 15 March 2019 1:29:06 PM
Bigger intellectual ponds exist outside the pub indy
The thread is dead, you lurched so far off subject it can no longer even glance at the reasons behind it being posted
So let it rest, we will be flooded with news about the New Zealand tragedy
Let us hope we get some balance in that conversation
Murder is murder terrorists are whatever the reason, no friends of civil society
Posted by Belly, Friday, 15 March 2019 2:53:11 PM
Bigger intellectual ponds exist outside the pub indy
Belly,
Fyi, the Bar was in the RSL. I'd challenge your dismissal of intellect there in comparison to your union circles !
Posted by individual, Friday, 15 March 2019 3:01:42 PM
Any chance to get an opinion on this from our resident Labor defenders ?

https://www.righttoknow.org.au/request/national_welfare_fund_01011946_7_3
Posted by individual, Friday, 15 March 2019 11:52:57 PM
indy like it or not the Labor party, just like the Liberals, is a big tent party
Full of different ideas factions nd yes sometimes internal warfare
My side is the controlling faction
We are called center unity
In truth we are the right
We came about in the mid 60,safter our early problems with true communists in our party
We saw the DLP split[even more, much more, right than us]
We Became the controlling faction, and made the party elecable
We, sometimes,became the problem as our power gave us victory even when our stand was wrong
You will never ever agree, but today's ALP is far closer the Sir Robert Menzies Liberal Party than today's Government
You talk about a world that never existed never will the giggle juice you share with your mates[ like a few myself], powers some truly silly thoughts
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 16 March 2019 4:37:53 AM
Belly,
So, where's the 7.5% ?
Posted by individual, Saturday, 16 March 2019 8:31:14 AM
never mind, I do not understand your question indy, but knowing you do not too helps me sleep at night
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 16 March 2019 9:57:17 AM
Belly,
Are you trying to become the benchmark for hypocrisy ?
Posted by individual, Saturday, 16 March 2019 10:56:15 AM
http://morningmail.org/who-stole-the-pension-fund/
Belly,
Have a read of this !
Posted by individual, Sunday, 17 March 2019 8:18:27 AM
INDY 1950, a truly leftist rag, yes even more modern times has seen politicians on both sides theive
BUT you look at some weird stuff to prop up your views
Ming, Sir Robert Menzies is far from my mate
But he stands tall as our most popular PM
He formed the Liberals, John Howard walked in his shoes
back to the thread, here, and in other social media sites SOME post true hate,
A blind often based on untruth hate
Will they take responsibility for empowering a right that has murderers wanting to murder people on their knees in their Church
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 17 March 2019 10:25:17 AM
https://www.smh.com.au/money/planning-and-budgeting/ask-noel-am-i-a-pensioner-for-the-purposes-of-labor-s-tax-plan-20181204-p50k54.html

Belly,
I suppose this is yet another Right leftist rag ?
Posted by individual, Sunday, 17 March 2019 11:14:20 PM
indy take the s of the https then your link will work
Now keep sifting for others to support your views
But after the current government is turfed out tell me why voters did it
Tell me voters knew no better, some will/even have
Enjoy finding things to throw at me but every now and again, just for fun, get closer to reality
Posted by Belly, Monday, 18 March 2019 4:22:37 AM
Enjoy finding things to throw at me but every now and again, just for fun, get closer to reality

I find no joy in throwing things at ignoramuses, especially when I see reality in which people are discriminated against, being treated as a frivolity for entertainment !
Posted by individual, Monday, 18 March 2019 9:57:50 AM
indy nearly insulted you mate stopped and re drafted
See I question myself constantly
Do you
We have turned the thread in to a verbal graffiti wall
Vain? maybe but I think I get it right sometimes
Posted by Belly, Monday, 18 March 2019 11:56:23 AM
Watching Louis Theroux's documentary on crime in the African American sector of Milwaukee at this moment & it's like looking into Australia's Cities future.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 19 March 2019 10:24:49 PM
Watched it too, well indy no way around it these fools while under privileged and educated must share the blame for the deaths
In that respect, education, I share your view about a type of national service
NO not gun over shoulder
But being educated, at least to read and write, should be something we require as pay back for social welfare
How are you going to get the thousands of African Americans here?
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 20 March 2019 3:48:10 AM
How are you going to get the thousands of African Americans here?
Belly,
?-?-?-? You can't be serious ?
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 20 March 2019 4:20:16 AM
Called pulling you leg, Aussies do it
You highlighted them first
Thought you would understand
my fault
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 20 March 2019 4:45:25 PM
to get the thousands of African Americans here?
Belly,
I'd have thought Paul1405 et al would have pulled you over by now for this suggestive racist remark ?
Posted by individual, Thursday, 21 March 2019 12:48:11 AM
only in your mind indy, are you aware we have kicked this thread into the gutter, that it is dead?
Only answering you for the sake of good manners it is dead
Lets talk [hopefully sense], in another thread
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 21 March 2019 4:40:32 AM
only in your mind indy,
Belly,
Not quite correct, it was you who inferred that African Americans are needed to perpetuate the crime rate !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 21 March 2019 7:28:39 AM
Belly,
I'll be voting for progress this year, will you continue supporting progressive regress ?
Posted by individual, Thursday, 21 March 2019 12:31:35 PM
Get well old mate take care, at our age once the mind goes it can close down overnight
Vote as you wish, know however only the LNP or Labor will govern
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 21 March 2019 12:49:46 PM
Only the letter T separates a Witt from a Twit indy
Both here and in that other thread you display an inability to think
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 21 March 2019 3:33:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy