The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Someone Had to Say It !

Someone Had to Say It !

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 27
  9. 28
  10. 29
  11. All
//Reading the transcript of the Frazer Anning speech most of it was fairly standard stuff even the sentence mentioning "final solution"- "The final solution to the immigration problem is, of course, a popular vote." He has used variations of the word "final" six times in his speech.//

Are you really not aware of the historical context of the term 'final solution', or just being a troll?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Solution

I mean, even if you're not bothered about his attitudes toward Muslim immigration, using that phrase about anybody displays an appalling lack historical awareness and sensitivity and is a disgusting affront to survivors of the Shoah the memory of those less fortunate. He should be ashamed of himself, and you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to defend the indefensible. Disgusting.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Thursday, 16 August 2018 10:35:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry to use your thread for this piece of news, bazz (although it's not entirely unrelated) but it appears that Bob Katter might be eligible for Lebanese citizenship.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 16 August 2018 10:43:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I refute the statement that 84% of Australians
are against multiculturalism.

When according to the 2016
Census 49% of Australians have either been born overseas
or had one or both parents who were born overseas. That 83%
lived in capital cities and the make-up of Aboriginal
Australians was 2.5% of the population. There are 300
separate languages spoken in Australian homes - and the
numbers are growing.

Our rich cultural diversity is one of our greatest strengths.
It is central to our national identity. Any claims to the
contrary - are from people who want to go back to the
days of the "White Australia" policy - which is simply
unrealistic.

Our country and the globe has moved on
and changed since those times - at least for most people.
Our immigration policies are no longer based on race - and
religion - but on skills. Yes, perhaps the numbers need to
be looked at - regarding sustainability - however to go
back to the past - is not a viable objective in a world
where countries are dependent on each other.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 16 August 2018 10:58:39 AM
Alan Jones (rightly) described the reaction to Senator Anning’s maiden speech (remember, maiden speeches have always been sacrosanct) as “contrived indignation”. He said that the biggest 'crime’ was the 'faked outrage of our nation's leaders’. I must say that wasn't aware that anyone was leading Australia these days.

Jones, as many of us would also would have done, also noted Turnbull and Shorten reaching over the table to shake hands in a “unity ticket” against freedom of speech
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 16 August 2018 11:02:09 AM
//this man is mere!y saying what most of us think.//

He got 19 votes, ttbn. N-n-n-n-nineteen. I suspect his views are less popular than you imagine from inside the comfort of your bubble. And I think if you came out of your bubble and talked to some people in the real world, you might be surprised to learn how few people consider it appropriate to use the term 'final solution' in the way Mr. 19 Votes did.

//If people of different races were meant to be living together, it would have been that way since the year dot.//

So let me get this straight: your argument is that because people hundreds of thousands of years ago didn't have the technology to allow easy travel between different geographic regions, that makes racism OK?

Fail.

//and they were never mean to be bundled together; it's a basic law of nature.//

It really isn't. The laws of nature aren't like that; they're descriptive rather than prescriptive, i.e. they say 'this is what happens', not 'this is what should happen'. You're attempting to derive 'ought' from 'is'; I recommend that you read what Hume has to say about that.

//On the 'final solution': A silly comment that Anning should have known was going to have the barkers up in arms (although most of them are anti-Semites themselves)//

"Dvir Abramovich, chairman of the Anti-Defamation Commission and an expert on Jewish culture, called Senator Anning's speech "historical trivialisation of the worst kind imaginable".

"Mr Anning is entitled to his views, but he discredits himself and his argument by irresponsibly referencing an evil plan that led to the calculated murder of six million Jews and millions of others in the Holocaust," he said."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-15/fraser-anning-history-of-the-nazi-phrase-final-solution/10122812

On a scale of 1-10, approximately how anti-Semitic would you say Mr. Abramovich is? Just curious.

//Hitler was advised on the solution by the grand mufti of Jerusalem.//

Nope, that's an urban myth.

http://time.com/4084301/hitler-grand-mufi-1941/
Posted by Toni Lavis, Thursday, 16 August 2018 11:23:36 AM
Two posters make the claim most even we are told eighty something percent are against multiculturalism a term those using want in truth and end to Muslim migration, any claim, after both sides united that a majority exist on the hate/xenophobic, side is clearly untre now sections of a faith, not a single race, are targeted here we here on OLO in my view are over represented by the very right very lost hate tribe *should we deport Asians because some are criminals?* faith is always an issue as one faith uses its God [that never existed] to even kill members of another fantasy group
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 16 August 2018 12:13:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 27
  9. 28
  10. 29
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy