The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Mum's Day

Mum's Day

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Toni, give us a break, I admitted to only giving 'Issy link' a quick once over before dismissing it as Issy's usual nonsense. As the Poobah of the Australian chapter of the NRA, and considering he can't fart unless HRH the Exalted Grand Poobah of Donaldland gives him the thumbs up to do so, I thought it came from Yankee HQ.

BTW; what lingo do they speak in Brazil? (trick question at trivia).

Issy, nothing to say about the carnage at Margaret River carried out by a person who you have previously claimed was a law abiding citizen of good character?

Do you still claim ALL licensed gun owners are law abiding citizens of good character, your call.

"PETER MILES, who was previously the MANAGER of the school farm at the local HIGH SCHOOL, had MURDERED six members of his family before turning the GUN on himself."

Given the above, do you still support the idea of arming ALL school teachers. If so would Peter Miles have qualified for a free gun from you?
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 18 May 2018 7:56:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Re: Gun laws and rural properties. I think rural properties and farms are allowed to have low grade rifles after applying for a license, due to the nature of living in remote areas and farm work.

Since Australia introduced gun laws, especially for rapidfire, non-reloading weapons(lets face it, they are really weapons of war), we have had no more mass shootings like Port Arthur,in Tasmania, 35dead… Or like the Hoddell street massacre in Melbourne, where there were 7 dead and 19wounded.

Yes we've had shootings, by limited shot rifles,which can only kill a small number before running out of bullets, at which time they can be overpowered and the rifle taken from them.
I think the non-occurrence of any mass shooting equalling the number of people shot
at Port Arthur and Hoddell Street in a matter of minutes, speaks for itself, as to the success of Australian gun laws.

I myself dislike the fact, that the population has to be disarmed because of the idiots that cant be trusted to have such weapons in public spaces. But I see it as having prevented the scale of the massacres in America and other countries. The proof is in the results. No availability of rapid fire weapons, no huge number of people killed in a matter of a few minutes. This has obviously been the result in Australia.
Posted by CHERFUL, Friday, 18 May 2018 7:59:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"I think the non-occurrence of any mass shooting equalling the number of people shot at Port Arthur and Hoddell Street in a matter of minutes, speaks for itself, as to the success of Australian gun laws."

CHERFUL, I take a different position, one innocent person shot dead indicates the failure of Australia's gun laws. Zero deaths is the only acceptable minimum. Our gun laws have gone part way to arresting the utter carnage that has occurred previously. Margaret River shows that our laws are not yet where they should be. Too many gun licences are being issued for so called recreational purposes, unacceptable.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 18 May 2018 8:37:56 PM
Cherful,

"No availability of rapid-fire weapons, no huge number of people killed in a matter of a few minutes. This has obviously been the result in Australia."

What country do you live in?

Rapid fire weapons are legally available in Australia; tomorrow I shall be at the range taking part in a Rapid Fire shoot that consists of the following rounds:
6 shots in 20 seconds strong hand only. 6 in 20 two hand grip
6 shots in 10 seconds strong hand, 6 in 10 two hands.
6 shots in 5 seconds strong hand, 6 in 5 two hands.

We shoot this twice, the first time I'll be using a semi-automatic pistol and the second time a reproduction of an 1873 Colt single action revolver; 145-year-old technology.

My S&W Model 10, double action revolver is faster being capable (in the right hands) of firing at a rate of 750 shots in a minute.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_McGivern

Paul,

Yes, the man in question was a law-abiding farmer and was cleared by the police in WA to have a firearm licence.
Why would they refuse him one?

What do you propose to do about car drivers?
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 18 May 2018 9:45:43 PM
I kid you not, the people in the following video are not confined to some mental institution in Arkansas, and playing delusional cowboys games with toy guns as some kind of perverted therapy trying to bring them back to some semblance pf normality. Wichita Willie, Little Miss Lead Lover and the rest of these fruitcakes are right here in NSW, and you are not going to believe this, they all hold legal gun licences, and are playing with real guns, with real live ammunition.
Issy do you have any suggestions for the possible rehabilitation of these misfits? I can only think of the men in the white coats, and the padded cells. There must be something that can be done to save these poor devils from themselves. A terrible thought, what if they escaped and got loose into the rest of the community, heaven help us!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok1NMsz6L08
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 18 May 2018 10:09:48 PM
What do you propose to do about car drivers? The Straw man argument, what is the relationship between car drives and guns? If doing something about car drivers will reduce gun deaths then it would be worth looking at, would you not agree?
You could have said, what do you propose to do about bee keepers?

Why would they refuse him one? Because he was a potential, and later proven homicidal maniac. But a better reason would be he didn't have a legitimate reason to posses a gun.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 18 May 2018 10:37:07 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy