The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Oprah Winfrey for President?

Oprah Winfrey for President?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. All
Dear ALTRAV,

May I politely suggest that you read the facts
of Oprah Winfrey's life and her achievements
before making sweeping generalisations that are
not correct. Here's just one link to give you an
overview:

http://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/oprah-winfrey-2484.php
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 19 January 2018 9:34:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy, I read your link. The information contained within merely describes a very determined person who was going to have her way no matter what.

I already knew most of this information about her. I was not of the opinion that she was deserving of all the accolades she was receiving.

She has done nothing to deserve her current status. She may be throwing money around these days because she can afford to. Her success has been due to her pushy nature and a determination to succeed at any cost.

Being black she obviously had a very large audience before people began talking about her. Then white women came on board. I maintain she is undeserving of her current social standing and wealth because she has done nothing to justify it all.

She is just another determined TV show host who has become popular because she is in your face every day. There are hundreds more just like her. About 356 roughly.

If we are going to have a TV presenter as President elect I would rather one like say, Jay Leno. OK don't like him well there's another 350 odd to choose from. Knock yourselves out. But not Oprah Winfrey.
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 19 January 2018 10:46:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear ALTRAV,

There may be many TV hosts but not many have succeffully
founded their own companies, TV networks, published
magazines, acted in films, or given so much to charitable
and worthy causes. So I beg to disagree with your take
on this very remarkable lady who rose from poverty to
become a cultural phenomenon in the United States for
over 30 years no less. Plus she has never been bankrupt.
You don't achieve all that by accident.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 19 January 2018 11:45:26 AM
Foxy, you may hold her in high esteem. You cannot give such praise without knowing the truth behind her, unusual and surprisingly strong rise to fame and fortune.

I have lived long enough to know when something is outside the historical parameters of 'reasonable', there are 'always' some other forces at play.

I see 'nothing' special about her that one could attribute to her current level or status. Where-as Bill Gates has every right to be where he is. We can see what he did and he did it himself and his every move was scrutinised to within an inch of his life.

I have reservations about little Miss Winfrey. You choose to take her at face value, I don't. I don't trust people like her. You praise her for having struggled from poverty to where she is today.

I on the other hand, would question her and look into her background in search of the true story of her meteoric assention to where she is today.

I have watched shows like hers, god knows there are millions of them and other presenters have also done the things she has, eg; acting and so on, and I get the sense that 'somethings crook in Tellaruk'.

But Foxy we will never know for as long as she has faithful followers like yourself, she will always be held in high esteem, whether justified or not.
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 19 January 2018 4:06:15 PM
350 million people, one of the most advanced education systems in the world, and the US can throw up only Trump or Hilary or Oprah ? Does everybody else hate the job so much ? God help America. And, like it or not, the rest of us.
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 19 January 2018 4:14:53 PM
Well, for me this discussion has now run its course.
Thanks to everyone for their contributions.
I look forward to our other discussions.

Cheers.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 20 January 2018 9:23:00 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy