The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > How Eurpeans view Australia's immigration policy

How Eurpeans view Australia's immigration policy

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
I've just returned from a long overseas holiday. During my travels I met a lot of Europeans and I had the opportunity to ask what they thought of the current asylum seeker situation.

Although I live in Australia, being an American ex-pat, I speak with an American accent. I had no idea what the political views of the different people were so I was very careful to broach the subject causiously and politically sensitive as possible.

I can honestly say I did not meet one European or British citizen who is happy with Merkel. I didn't meet anyone who welcomed an open borders policy. I didn't meet anyone who felt an obligation to welcome more Muslims into their country. And to my surprise, without prompting, I had several people share with me something along the line of "Australia has the best solution, they send the boats back where they come from".

I'm not pretending my observations represent the opinion of all Europeans but I will go so far as to say that the idea Europe is disgusted by Australia's policy or that Australia is the laughing stock of the world is total nonsense. To the contrary of the myth the Left is trying to sell, Australia's border policy is held in high regard by the average person in Europe facing and living with the current Muslim invasion.
Posted by ConservativeHippie, Monday, 16 November 2015 4:51:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Its all propaganda.
Nobody wants their countries invaded by foreigners and the ones that have been overrun well and truly understand why open borders are a bad idea and lead to complete destruction of their nations cultural identity.

The mainstream media only follows the official narrative.

Multiculturalism is good.
Globalism is good.
Open borders are good.

Nationalism = Racism and is bad.

Its part of an agenda to destroy everyone's cultural identity and sovereignty and be ruled over by a global government.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 16 November 2015 6:56:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Did you happen to ask any Muslim person in your little survey what they thought Conservativehippie?
Or were your questions directed at only 'white' or non-Middle East looking Europeans?
I very much doubt they all think like you and call it a 'Muslim invasion'.

Personally, I think ALL foreigners in Australia who were born overseas should be sent back to where they come from...just to be sure....
Posted by Suseonline, Monday, 16 November 2015 8:37:06 PM
I partly agree with you, Suse, kick 'em out but only those who adhere to a political system that is diametrically opposed to our system and those, of course, who believe that they have a God given right to beat their wives.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 16 November 2015 9:00:36 PM
Suse, your question is rhetorical, right? I clearly said my discussions were with Europeans, and yes they were white. Does being white somehow negate their opinion about what is happening in their own country?

If you can't see how a million unvited people arriving essentially by forcing themselves into Europe is not an invasion, you are pretending to sleep.

What would the point be of asking a Muslim what he/she thinks? Obviously like most third worlders they would prefer to reap the economic benefits on living in a better country. Do you think it would have been appropriate if I asked a Muslim person if it would be a fair expectation that they accept the western values, lifestyle and language if they want to live in a western country?

By your comments, and history, I'm certain you would consider such a question as racist. You are hopelessly blind to the reality.
Posted by ConservativeHippie, Monday, 16 November 2015 9:12:34 PM
By the way Suse, most of my time was in India and most of the people I met were young backpackers who would be inclined toward a left political leaning. Reading articles in the India Times that were coming out of Europe and watching RT (Russia Today) its apparent even those on the left in Europe have reservations.
Posted by ConservativeHippie, Monday, 16 November 2015 9:23:07 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy