The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Tax dodging and the government.

Tax dodging and the government.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
No doog, the conspiracy crowd do not understand either.
It is all a matter of energy, nothing more nothing less.
Nothing happens without energy being expended.
When you cannot increase energy you cannot increase GDP.
No increase in GDP, no repayment of debt plus interest.

Have you not noticed how all countries are worried about their growth ?
Europe has almost zero growth and some in EU are in contraction.
Even China is winding down, their 7% is known to be BS as their
electricity consumption rate of increase fall has shown.

No one in Canberra understands this. I think Martin Ferguson understood
and also Barnaby Joyce I am fairly certain understands but cannot
say so because it is the political mantra by all of them that growth
is the way ahead. Straight into the bit bucket !
Posted by Bazz, Saturday, 29 August 2015 4:20:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So much talk of "tax dodging."

Better to delineate and refer to:

1. Tax evasion (which is criminal/unlawful)
2. Tax avoidance (which is lawful/smart business)

But then so much of the law is completely amoral.

What we can say is that the system is unfair and in need of reform.

However, how often do we hear it said that right across the Western World, less than 10% of the people control more than 90% of the wealth?

Thus, even more important than tax reform, what needs to be done is a far wider legal review to establish how it is that the rules allow such fundamental inequities and entrenched disadvantage to deveope and what maintains it.

And then on that basis, when Hockey comes out and says it is unfair that the top echelon of income earners have to pay such a disproportionately large amount of tax compared to everyone else then the flag really needs to go up, as after all, if that same top echelon has the lions share of wealth, then what is wrong with them having to pay the lions' share of tax as well?
Posted by DreamOn, Saturday, 29 August 2015 4:31:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What is the difference between Tax avoidance , and tax evasion.

Baz The only thing wrong here is no one trusts the govt; no one is spending money. What rules do you follow to have negative growth, the answer is you follow Abbott’s rules.
China was in a hurry to build things that they could neither afford or the people could not afford to rent. All to get countries into changing to China to be the world bankers. And now the Chinese market is in correction mode, they will get over it in time.
Posted by doog, Saturday, 29 August 2015 4:58:45 PM
*Doog*

Avoidance is quite lawful. Evasion is not.
Posted by DreamOn, Saturday, 29 August 2015 5:16:51 PM
Perhaps another example *Doog* to clarify for you:

Avoidance:

Say in the case of a child Care Worker who would normally have to pay PAYG tax of about $4,000 in a year. However, before end of tax year, this individual purchases eligible clothing for work purposes of about $1,000 (nice professional outfits) which is a deduction for tax purposes

and to "avoid" the other $3,000 she pays $500 in tax advice which in turn informs her as to the amount of money she would have to salary sacrifice to her super thus reducing her gross income for tax purposes and resulting in a siutation where this person does not have to pay any tax but rather receives back from the tax department a refund for her clothes and the advice she received (which included the cost of doing her tax return)

Evasion:

could be for example a business receives income receipts of $25,000 and unreceipted cash payments of another $25,000.

In reality this business has a gross income for tax purposes of $50,000 but come tax time this business only declares $25,000 on their tax return and keeps the other $25,000 in cash under the bed in a floor safe.

Comprende?
Posted by DreamOn, Saturday, 29 August 2015 5:42:09 PM
........Your fear of Labor is unfounded, when the chips are down Labor comes to power, even in war.

Well the Chips were not down when the Kevin 07 Show came to town, along with his union thugs, but they were certainly down some six years latter.

We went from zero debt and some 20 billion in the bank to hundreds of billions in debt and a trail as long as the eye could see of failures from the insulation debacle to illegals costing billions of future tax dollars, in fact my grandson who is not even two yet will still be feeling the pain I recon, yet you blame the Abbott government for everything. The one thing about history is that the facts don't lie and no amount of blame shifting can change that. The Rudd Gillard Rudd era undid everything Howard and Costelo achieved in a matter of months and although I was against the sale of Testra, this was brought about by the second worst labor government in my life time.

So that's why I say let them back in so we can at least find the bottom as I doubt there is anyone better for that job.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 29 August 2015 5:47:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy