The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Tax dodging and the government.

Tax dodging and the government.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Baz are you thinking of a mining tax or at tax by another name. What ever way it is Tony would prefer miners paid no tax at all. You are going against your liberal mates saying such a ridiculous thing in open company.

We are still waiting for the carbon tax money we were going to get, which no one can find. Not even Hockey can come up with an answer, and that is beyond belief.

The carbon tax money did not exist: because the money was paid from the company's that generated electricity, and they did not get any moneys to cover it. To the generators the carbon tax money was a dead loss to them. That is why we were never going to get any money from deleting the carbon tax.

Retail electricity was jacked up and blamed on the carbon tax, which was no more than a rise for the retailers, as no money was forwarded to the generators. The wholesale price for electricity is no different today than it was 10 years ago.

By deleting the carbon tax Abbott gave the electricity generators a pay rise of 6 billion $.
Posted by doog, Wednesday, 26 August 2015 12:06:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Doog the carbon tax was a ridiculous tax as all it did was tax those who could just pass it on. The consumer should be the one paying the tax not the generator (with the exception to exporters) as this would have reduced production immediately.

Sooner or later we will see a transaction tax but until then we will continue being a dog it's tail.

If we go back 14 years ago the GST was a huge winfal whereas now it's outdated and any increase will just be outgrown again.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 26 August 2015 3:56:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
since the abolition of the carbon tax emissions have continually risen,while electricity demand has fallen.

The generators are the ones causing the pollution, that is why they were paying the carbon tax. The consumer did not pay any carbon tax that is why the carbon tax money that was supposed to come off the power bill did not exist.

Read it properly
Posted by doog, Wednesday, 26 August 2015 4:14:06 PM
Hockey has trouble finding his cigars, he really doesn't have much of a clue, remember 'Poor people don't drive cars'! Of course we could all follow his advice and get a 'good job' that pays well, trouble is who would sell Joe his cigars.

Politicians are so ridiculously well paid they have lost sight of the reality that is everyday life. It's often said they are poorly paid by private sector standards, trouble is if our politicians pay was based on performance they'd be living below the poverty line and dare I say it - speaking greek!
Posted by toglhot, Wednesday, 26 August 2015 4:41:18 PM
doog, no I am not confusing it with the mining tax.
I am talking about the income from the sale of iron ore.
You should follow these things more closely.

Tell me, how do you know that Tony would prefer miners pay no tax ?
Or is just one of your fantasies ?
I notice that many of the strongly Labour posters on here say things
like that with absolutely no proof at all. Some things written are
really outrageously away with the fairies.

I think I will start collecting such statements, it will probably
make a good laugh.
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 26 August 2015 4:56:11 PM
Baz Abbott eliminated the mining tax, you know the one that did not make any money. Once iron ore has left AU how are you going to get more money for it. Seeing you are not talking about a mining tax how are you proposing to do that.

Miners going through Singapore is a sham. A way of enhancing profits without AU having any control over what we get for our iron ore. It’s an an allowable fraud sanctioned by Abbott. Australia only sees a fraction of what the miners get for our iron ore.

If the miners are looking for somewhere to stockpile iron ore I am sure we could have found somewhere here to do that without bothering Singapore. It shows you that iron ore miners are smarter than Abbott. Abbott says China buys our iron ore. So who buyes Singapores iron ore, China again.

Our govt; is a charity govt; with no business sence
Posted by doog, Wednesday, 26 August 2015 8:41:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy