The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Games in the night-unphysiological

Games in the night-unphysiological

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
The ICC decision to allow cricket playing in the night is a retrograde idea.Sports and games are for recreation and physical fitness. Playing in the night will certainly affect the physiological rhythm of not only players but also that of the spectators. It will only help those, who want to cash in on the mental immaturity of crazy youth, whose primary aim is to make money. Cricket, today, is in the hands of people who do not have an iota of social responsibility. Let us keep sports and games as avenues for improving one's physical fitness and not as avocations for earning by way of making them show businesses(by the misguided elements).
Posted by Ezhil, Wednesday, 20 May 2015 4:07:06 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Does this apply to rugby-league, rugby, basketball, 20-20 and the other spectator sports. The recreational side of sports may be for armatures and other forms of casual sport but professional sport is big business.

The professional side of sport is all about money, marketing and entertainment. There's nothing new about cricket played at night; its been happening for years in the Big Bash League and 50 Overs cricket.

What's the difference between people choosing to go to a stadium to watch a night game, or sitting up late watching a movie or TV at home? The people are choosing the entertainment they want to see in the way it is offered. No one forces spectators to buy tickets and go to the games against their will.

Wake up Rumpelstiltskin.
Posted by ConservativeHippie, Thursday, 21 May 2015 8:14:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
..or staying up all night to watch World Cup soccer and the Olympics.
I'm trying to think of the last time I went to a Friday night footy game, it was a few years ago but I seem to recall we got there at about 7:30 and were home around 11, that's what time I normally turn in and I don't imagine the players "get up with the magpies and go to bed with the chooks"
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Thursday, 21 May 2015 2:46:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Night sports are fine by me, with the proviso that the lighting is shielded so that its direct rays do do not shine outside the grounds.
Sydney Cricket Ground's lights were a real driving hazard in some streets at one time (things may have improved).
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 21 May 2015 3:07:44 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy