The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Has the term feminism run its course?

Has the term feminism run its course?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. 20
  11. 21
  12. 22
  13. ...
  14. 28
  15. 29
  16. 30
  17. All
Come on Beach you are all for women, do you still listen to that Miss Marple nutter of yours, Amy McGrath. Isn't Amy a feminists, by your definition? Well no matter, she still is as crazy as they come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK54fBPTuZo
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 6 November 2014 6:59:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'morning Poirot,

You said, "How would you men feel if we women punctuated our posts to you with "sonny boy" or honey-bun"?

No problem because sonny boy and honey bun are not terms owned by progressive females, or should I say aggressive females. So they have no emotive attachments and are of zero value as terms of abuse.

Your words, such as feminism, are reserved as "special" for women who don't feel feminine. You latch onto and defend the word because it means something to you but means nothing to those who don't see themselves as unfeminine or have no need for parallel gender reassignment.

For those women who are insecure, uncomfortable with who they are, unable to express their natural authority and blame the rest of society for their perceived lack of status, they can always close ranks behind the Emily's List feminists' and hiss over the sand bags.

Yours as always, snuggle pie.

PS don't forget, it's two sugars in my Ovaltine, warm the cup first and make sure you stand it on the coaster at the bedside table. Just saving you the trouble of cleaning off those ring marks before you go to work !
Posted by spindoc, Thursday, 6 November 2014 10:06:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
spindoc,

"Your words, such as feminism, are reserved as "special" for women who don't feel feminine. You latch onto and defend the word because it means something to you but means nothing to those who don't see themselves as unfeminine or have no need for parallel gender reassignment.

For those women who are insecure, uncomfortable with who they are, unable to express their natural authority and blame the rest of society for their perceived lack of status, they can always close ranks behind the Emily's List feminists' and hiss over the sand bags."

What "are" you blathering about?

I don't need to go prancing about on public forums reinforcing my "femininity". And I certainly don't need men calling me "sweetie" as a parting gesture of contempt.

"....or should I say aggressive females...."

Oh, they would be the ones who call men out for indulging in faux terms of endearment to patronise the ladies?

Or, as author, Rebecca West, put it:

"I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat."

(I know how she feels....)
Posted by Poirot, Thursday, 6 November 2014 10:59:25 PM
Foxy,

The vast majority of those outside Whitlam's funeral were Labor or Greens, and the booing did not come from coalition supporters.

Labor and the greens are simply haters.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 7 November 2014 3:23:30 AM
Shadow, I speak to a lot of non-committed votes, and your man Abbott is not real popular out there, a lot of dissatisfied people. The half a micron of gloss has worn off well and truly since the last election. If a major crises was to hit the government Abbott would be on his way faster than you can say Malcolm Turnbull.
At the memorial I was surprised at the number of Liberals in attendance. I actually ran into an old bloke I know from the local Liberal Party branch. Said he was there to pay respects, as I would if it had been Malcolm Fraser, I would not have said that in 1975. Some people mellow over the years.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 7 November 2014 4:42:53 AM
SM,

".... "Dissatisfaction" is no excuse for vile behaviour at a funeral, and this vile labor behaviour has been a constant since Abbott was made opposition leader..."

Lol!...."vile" being a fave of the pretentious indignation crowd....along with "incensed" and "appalled".

Here's a goody:

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/who-is-barbara-the-talkback-caller-20141106-11i82a.html

"Alan Jones must have thought he met his kindred spirit.

Finally, the long-haired, latte-sipping, quinoa-eating, over-educated, under-appreciating yahoos of Sydney had met their match.

Their biggest crime? Booing former Liberal prime ministers at Gough Whitlam's funeral.

Incensed conservative warrior and talkback caller Barbara decided she had had enough when she called Alan Jones' 2GB radio show on Thursday.

Armed with a cat and an Ocker-via-Oxford accent, Barbara took aim.

"Did you see those idiots booing our prime minister and John Howard and his wife as they went into the hall," she said.

"I did," Jones said. "Cheered Julia Gillard."

"Yeah well that'd be right wouldn't it," said Barbara.

"Absolute disgrace, you see 'em there with their scarves and their soy lattes and their problems that they have with their university funding. Go out and get a job!"

Music to Jones' ears, t'was.

But then Barbara went too far. Soy lattes are one thing, organic cookies are quite another.

"All our tax dollars are being munched up by them, they all look well fed too, with their organic cookies and their products they get from the bloody organic home-grown such and such, you know."

Jones knew. Jones knew he was being had. "Brilliant," he said."

Do yer reckon, SM, you can unpurse your lips long enough to have a smile at that one?
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 7 November 2014 8:53:21 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. 20
  11. 21
  12. 22