The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Abbott to live with the Police.

Abbott to live with the Police.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. All
He would be wrong in anything he did, wouldn't he?
Posted by onthebeach, Sunday, 15 September 2013 5:05:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Suse you really do start to sound sick.

Parliament has a great gym, so perhaps he should kick one of the shadow ministers out of their office, & move a bed in.

One thing is really amusing is the thought of the KRudd trying to live in one of those rooms. Imagine the explosion when he didn't have the right sized shelf for his hair dryer.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 15 September 2013 5:25:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well Hasbeen, it would seem more appropriate to me if he DID live at Parliament House rather than at a Police Academy.

As for Rudd, no one cares where he would have lived....
Posted by Suseonline, Sunday, 15 September 2013 6:13:59 PM
For less than $200 K you can pick yourself up a glamourous transportable home, so just renting one for a year would cost much less, then simply place in on the grounds.

I also note the libs have downgraded international flights, from 1st class to business class, as apparently a 1st class tick averages $35K.

Perhaps the new pope is re-writing the way leaders spend tax payers dollars.

Nothing wrong with that.
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 15 September 2013 6:47:21 PM
Looks like a smart move to me.

If he keeps up the trend what a contrast to those pollies who tell the rest of us we need to tighten our belts while they are busy indulging themselves with perks of the job.

If Abbott is smart about it he will conspicuously lead by example and forgo unnecessary perks. Plenty will laugh but I suspect that a lot of those who do it tough who will be pleased to see someone in Canberra who is willing to put practicality and cost ahead of prestige. Makes a great contrast to having a hissy fit over a missing special breakfast.

I think Foxy summed up the practical side pretty well and there is a political element to it that looks smart. Plenty of taxpayers who work too hard for those dollars taken by the tax department are heartily sick of seeing them so conspicuously wasted on perks for pollies (and other with access to other peoples money).

I hope this is the start of a trend in the way Abbott intends to lead.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Sunday, 15 September 2013 7:42:38 PM
RObert,

"I hope this is the start of a trend in the way Abbott intends to lead."

If you mean "weirdly" - I think you may be onto something.

But seriously, I've been down south all day - tell me, have they let Abbott out of his post-election lock-down box yet?
Posted by Poirot, Sunday, 15 September 2013 8:44:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy