The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Abbott to live with the Police.

Abbott to live with the Police.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All
No Poirot, Abbott isn't out of his post election lock-box yet, as he is too busy working out with the police recruits! : )

No seriously, I was just beginning to wonder if I was the only one on this forum who thinks the Australian Prime Minister's living arrangements are somewhat....strange?
I suggest this will be just the first instance of what I see as eccentric behaviour of our new PM.

And no RObert, I don't think he is trying to show all the poor people how he can save money. We shall just wait and see how much public money is spent on 'renovations' of the Lodge.

He seems to have had no problems suggesting paying well-off women earning $150,000 a year a full wage while they take 6 months off to stay home with their baby.
Posted by Suseonline, Sunday, 15 September 2013 10:12:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
the only way our resident lefties could possibly say anything about Abbott is if he turned out to be a closet 'gay '.
Posted by runner, Sunday, 15 September 2013 10:23:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
runner,

Considering he's been ensconced in a closet since the election - anything is possible!

(This cartoon explains it all:)

http://www.smh.com.au/national/editorial-cartoon-20130518-2jt83.html
Posted by Poirot, Sunday, 15 September 2013 10:32:49 PM
Dear Poirot,

I don't get what's going on; the nature of your posts of late do not smack of the Poirot we have come to know and love.
Couldn't be that you've been having a bad hair day, for the last few months, could it? Or can you really be that dark on the Abbott?
(Maybe the election has been a strain. Understandable.)
We miss you (the 'real', dinky di); please hurry back.

Dear, Dear, Suze,

Thanks for a bit of levity; OLO's been getting rather 'dark' lately.

However, there's an aspect to this story that all have failed to pick up:
Considering in China they can erect something like a fully furnished 10-15 storey apartment block for 100 people in something like 15-20 weeks - yet in OZ a whole YEAR to do some renovations (including replacing one little ol' roof) on the little ol' 'cottage'? (Ok, it's a 'lodge' - big deal.) (Of course, Possums are a protected species, so handling that must add 6 months or so, I suppose.)
And, for heaven's sake, how many Aussies actually move OUT, holus-bolus, just to have a few renovations done?
What, are they re-doing the whole joint, Taj Mahal Style, or what?
(Or is the planning based on the Mr FussyRudd formula?)

No wonder this country's in a mess. Nobody wants to WORK, obviously.
(Waiting to call in some 457's maybe?) (Perhaps it's time for Work Choices-II?)
Posted by Saltpetre, Sunday, 15 September 2013 11:39:55 PM
Saltpetre (me old salt:)

"Dear Poirot,

I don't get what's going on; the nature of your posts of late do not smack of the Poirot we have come to know and love.
Couldn't be that you've been having a bad hair day, for the last few months, could it? Or can you really be that dark on the Abbott?
(Maybe the election has been a strain. Understandable.)
We miss you (the 'real', dinky di); please hurry back."

Funnily enough, I have noted the same regarding your good self.

You appear to have become infatuated with the thought of a government led by Tony "the pamphlet" Abbott.

My good man, if I may be so bold, can't you tell a poodle on an IPA leash when you see one?

(This may call for divorce!)

: )
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 16 September 2013 12:11:58 AM
Thanks Salpetre, I did think it was a somewhat lighter political discussion than what we have had lately, but I don't think Runner finds it funny we are making light of the Lib's shining light at all.

I hadn't thought about the year-long renovations aspect of the story before.
I would have thought that if the PM was really looking to save a few bucks, he would be saving the country $120 a week to stay with and work out with the recruits, if he stayed at the Lodge while the renovations were being done.
Posted by Suseonline, Monday, 16 September 2013 12:42:27 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All