The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > KRudd..headspace..lets talkdepression..plus a scoop

KRudd..headspace..lets talkdepression..plus a scoop

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
rudd just finished a live reddit q&a
http://www.reddit.com/user/PMKevinRudd/comments/

the most important..was depression related[see link]

Thank you for asking about this.

<<..It’s an important topic for people across Australia,
and we don’t get many chances to discuss it...>>

i..thought so too

Issues like depression, self-harm, stress, alcoholism –
these are all issues..that blight lives..and stop people from reaching their potential...

The impact on families is also acute.
We’ve taken this area very seriously.

We invested in “headspace” centres..where young people can get help. It’s vital because mental health issues affect one in every four young Australians in any given year.>>..

here's THE SCOOP*

I was going to announce this in the next couple of days, but since you’ve asked I’ll tell you now. If we’re re-elected, a government I lead will put in a $34 million investment to open another 10 headspace centres so that we have 100 across the country.

We’ll also be expanding e-headspace so people can get access to advice online too. That’s an important investment – money we want to put in so that we have services that can help.

Headspace centres are working – 90% of young people who have used the service reported mental health improvements – and with this expansion, we’d be able to help 80,000 young people every year.>>

my question..will the libs back it?

also noted[abc/7.30 report]..
the use of exticy,[illegal-drugs],to cure vet depression..

what do you think?
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 29 August 2013 7:56:48 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
the 7.30 report
http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/

or
http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/vodcast.htm

* Should illegal drugs be used in PTSD treatment?

[mp4]
http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/news/730/video/201308/730s_PTSDDrugs_2908_512k.mp4

(29/08/2013)
Posted by one under god, Friday, 30 August 2013 9:44:57 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
And if Rudd did not open the floodgates for the Economic Refugees we would have had in excess of $7 Billion dollars to look after Australians.

Also he had years in power and did very little for Australians, except for his shonky schemes that failed.

"$34 million investment" he could have almost doubled that figure if the lowlifes had not destroyed Nauru center.

Kevin you don't get to fool people 2 times.
Posted by Philip S, Friday, 30 August 2013 10:05:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
we all get sad..but depression..goes deeper*
till..negative thinking becomes..the default

i noted it..in drug dependence..where i saw paranoa..[fear of police exposure]..turn into..not trusting anyone..

as justice staples said..
BY WHAT RIGHT..govt deem a living plant..a drug*

[think
if i sold you WILOW bark..is that asprin?
no..its willow bark.,.CONTAINING aspirin

heroin..when it goes to court..
is CHARGED,.,by the WEIGHT..in PURE heroin

the plant contains trace elements of drug
and cannabinoids are found naturally..in 5 vegies
so..vegans get caught up..needlessly..by RANDOM TESTING..[ilegal search]..

war upon a plant..just so dupont..
and hoover can take over the hemp industry

endless drug wars..unfairt dug laws
paying for covert actions..by military complex..
RENDITION-ING..their drug deliveries..DIRECT*..

its all so depressing
little wonder 20 out of 21 plead guilty

but its the lies..no medical use[for decades..
then..overnight..look at the new patents..on cannabinoid imitations

noting the expensive..blood pressure lowering PRESCRIBED drugs
its govt subsidy..alone..costing over one billion each year..has THE SAME physiological affect as one puff..on a joint

more its the statistical LIES..
like 2 in 100 get scitophenia..[when in non-users its 4/100]
so you only hear the first

polute-petitions
polies lie..your govt LIE$$

via the lie of 'legal aid;..advisers getting the guilty plea
pluis 300bucks fee for each guilty plea[20 cases a mornings work=$3000

lawyers made this cash cow
for themselves*

genesis1/29..then god said..I GIVE YOU*..
EVERY SEED BEARING PLANT..on the face of the WHOLE*..earth..
Posted by one under god, Friday, 30 August 2013 10:11:08 AM
Philip S
I assume that the economic refugees you refer to are the ones who fly in on visitor and other visas, such as 457s, and overstay.

Under International Law (The Refugee Convention), which Australia has committed to follow, the Federal Government is required to investigate the claim of anyone who arrives on Australia's territory claiming refugee status.

The problem we have is complicated because the boat arrivals have mostly had the opportunity to claim refugee status in another country before arriving on Australian territory but have not done so. Also the place of first landing has often not signed the Convention.
Posted by Foyle, Friday, 30 August 2013 12:03:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foyle - You know I don't mean the category you refer to, they generally pay tax and are not potential "welfare for lifers" as the boat people are.

They can be deported easily, unlike the document destroyers.

The problem contrary to what you suggest is the pull factor, we give them far more than other countries give them (all for nothing) that plus the fact they bypassed safe havens make then Economic Invaders.
Posted by Philip S, Friday, 30 August 2013 1:55:31 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy