The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > FARMERS NOT BEING TOLD OF

FARMERS NOT BEING TOLD OF

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
http://origin.abc.net.au/news/items/200609/1734856.htm?southcoast
The Australian Farmers Fighting Fund has offered an undisclosed amount of financial assistance to the company because it is concerned a successful prosecution would threaten the live export industry.

Tim D'Arcy, from the Pastoralists and Graziers Association,

>

OPEN LETTER TO WA FARMERS and Tim D`Arcy.

Dear Mr D`Arcy I am very concerned after speaking to you by telephone that you have not disclosed to WA Farmers the offer From HKM Halal Kind Meats.

It is unfair to Farmers not to inform them of our company`s offer as an alternative market for them. It is also unfair to us.

I have requested on "many occasions" this information be made known to Australian Farmers.

This is not only unfair to Farmers but unfair to others in the Meat Industry by not putting "ALL OFFERS" On The Table.

Well the Gloves are off now.
If you are a Farmer please see
HKM
http://www.halakindmeats.com/

This is a simple proposal to give you a far better price for your stock.
You will still be dealing with buyers in the ME- just "direct" from Farmers Gate to ME.

We will be in WA in the next few weeks to deliver the message that some dont want you to know about.
Its a whole new Ball Game in Australia and its ALL the Farmers Way
'As it Should be."
Keep your money in your pockets until you look at this!
Its Fair Go For Farmers year!

from the rural news
http://www.abc.net.au/rural/news/stories/s1096508.htm

A group of West Australian producers has formed a joint venture with Malaysia, to supply the world with halal meat products.

The Wheatbelt Growers Co-operative from Dowerin has signed an agreement with the Perak State Development Corporation to provide 100,000 sheep and 16,000 cattle each year.

Perak wants to become the world distributor of halal food to Muslim countries, with a potential market of 300 billion people.

Chief Minister Tajol Rosli says that'll provide a valuable alternative for Australia's live export trade.

"As it is now, halal food from Malaysia is recognized throughout the world
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Saturday, 5 May 2007 10:20:38 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wendy, we've been over all this stuff before. Perhaps Tim
and Co just don't find your organisation very credible.

You can rant and rave all you want on OLO, but actions
speak louder then words. The Saudis have put their money
on the table, right now, in forward contracts for
November. They want a million Hajj lambs, long tail
so no mulesing, testicles and all, 35kg liveweight,
ie about 12 kg carcass weight, if that for merinos.
Price to the farmer is 53-60$.

I've got a couple of hundred here that I'm thinking
of signing a contract for. Put your money on the
table, as long as its as good or better then the
Saudi offer, and you can have them.

If you've got no money, well its all hot air.
Every week there are stock sales in Midland and
Katanning. There are farmers there selling. You are
free to talk to them, free to buy their livestock.

Thats the reality. The rest is a waste of time,
quite frankly. Tim D'Arcy would be aware of that.
Posted by Yabby, Monday, 7 May 2007 3:21:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I tend to agree with yabby. If “Perak wants to become the world distributor of halal food to Muslim countries” whats stopping them. They’re not relying on you to do their buying for them are they? Waving the ‘halalkindmeats’ flag all over the place doesn’t seem to be achieving much except maybe aggravating a few people.
Posted by PF, Monday, 7 May 2007 3:37:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I will answer You both. I am not selling meat. We are putting a proposal to farmers.
I dont care if Tim likes the idea or not.
We just want to put it direct to farmers that are NOT ALREADY inloved with exports, plants or perhaps run a domestic operation with no idea how to obtain their Halal certfication and also the Government red tapes.

We are looking to open more abattoirs in Australia with our partners being Aussies.
Clearly if we do that we wont need to use the agent or middle man as much. Such as the shipping live export agents.
There is a lot of opposition to this as you would understand.
Ask yourself if thats fair.
We should all be free to put our offers to farmers direct on the table.

Now as Tim and others have "already " confirmed they have had calls from people interested in new plants here I cant see the problem with them meeting the farmers- Can you.
After all the farmers are free to say > no Sorry we are not interested and walk off.

Tim also said he found the idea a good one etc. So did the Chairman of Elders. Peter McGuaran and John Howard have expressed they find this idea very interesting in priciple.
What we need now is more farmers to be aware- nothing else
We have everything else under control.
There has been a great amount of work done in the last few years towards this.
More abattoirs will open and more meat will leave Australia chilled.
We have already re organised six.
It seems to me you dont understand the difference between what I am doing and how that is entiley different to just buying and re selling meat.
We are not middle men.
We are not interested in being middle men.

The fact you think there is nothing happening shows me your not as connected to this industry as you would like others to think.
We are making a big difference already.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Monday, 7 May 2007 4:43:31 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
paleif,
Me thinks thou protests too much. No farmer is likely to sell to the live export market if you are offering the same or a better price. Surely there are enough open markets around for you to satisfy current demand, and as your business grows it just becomes another major buyer in the system. All you have to do is be highest bidder on the day. Easy.

You don't need to write to umpteen different groups about your plans. By competeing successfully in the market farmers will seek you out. Actions speak louder than words.
Posted by rojo, Tuesday, 8 May 2007 12:29:25 AM
Hello Rojo

You still have the wrong slant on this. I repeat I am not peddling a brand of meat. Not me personally. I am peddling a concept. A whole new ball game.

I want contact direct!with farms and plenty of them.

I want to talk to farmers and small and large exsisting and old abattoir owners.

I want to talk to Station holders and Elders within the aboriginal stations who run stock.

We will also have vegetable farms and produce cosmetics[ non Animal Tested]

I am also of course at the same time pushing for a National Australian Halal Certification. Austraia needs ONE accreditation for Halal. If any of you read the other threads you will see Nicky mentioned there was talk on ABC Radio yesterday about the different demands from different countries for Halal certifications.
It is this I am also very interested in.

I want contact with Australian farmers. I want to offer to introduce them to people wanting all of those products and more overseas.
The farmers Federations only really need to put this service being offered up on their web sites so farmers can contact us.

I would have thought the people who take fees off farmers to help them might be really interested in any new ideas to help farmers.

Instead I find they are too busy being the bag men for collecting money farmers cant afford to run a cruelty case.

I protest in the strongest possible terms that the farmers Federations are blocking me from passing this information onto the farmers.
They ought to be right behind this. Its NOT up to the Farmers federation to decide who they will tell the farmers about and wont.
Farmers are capable of running their own farms if some people would stop giving them NO other Option BUT LIVE EXPORTS.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Tuesday, 8 May 2007 2:30:33 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy