The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Rudd Government found culpable in Pink Batts deaths.

Rudd Government found culpable in Pink Batts deaths.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Yes onthebeach, with the Internet the way it is today, there simply are less reasons why they have to travel as much. Just look at Copenhargen and the entourage that accompanied them, remember the $58 a bowl of soup.

Perhaps once they succeed with the roll out of the NBN, if ever, we can demand that they perform many more video links, rather than costly work/holiday trips abroad.

I suggest we domt hold our breaths, for either side of the fence.
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 7 July 2013 3:40:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes rehctub, that’s something that would certainly win Rudd a whole basketful of brownie points. Or Abbott for that matter:–

Give an undertaking to switch from international travel to online communication and conferencing as much as possible.
Posted by Ludwig, Sunday, 7 July 2013 6:52:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well we need something posetive to come out of the NBN cost blowout.

Perhaps this could save billions over the next ten years.
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 7 July 2013 7:08:39 PM
Further to my last post:

I can envisage Abbott actually doing that. But Rudd, the great aspiring international statesman? No chance!
Posted by Ludwig, Sunday, 7 July 2013 11:45:36 PM
Gentlemen,

I've come into this discussion rather late in the
piece and I hesitated in doing so. However, I think
that this subject should be discussed, politics and
finger-pointing aside.
I know that I'll get criticised for using the source
of "New Matilda" once again. However, I felt that
the following article by Ian Macauley does raise
some valid points that should be added to this
discussion:

http://newmatilda.com/2013/07/08/why-pink-batts-scheme-failed

It also supports what my husband's been telling me.
He's worked in the construction industry for over
40 years as architect, project manager, and construction
manager.
Posted by Lexi, Tuesday, 9 July 2013 4:41:43 PM
Lexi,

I very much doubt that anyone who has been in the industry for 40 years would agree entirely with the Matilda article you posted. The author is clueless about the construction industry, he doesn't know what he doesn't know.

Please refer your husband to my earlier posts on the subject, in particular the one of Friday, 5 July 2013 3:04:31 PM and see what he says.

It is very unfortunate for the public that while the insulation debacle exposed deep and enduring systemic deficiencies in home building and the regulation of it, none of the political parties have wanted to anything but take politically convenient stances on the subject. All have co-operated in pulling the rug over serious problems in the industry that affect all home buyers.

That doesn't excuse Kevin Rudd for the mistakes he made, in particular that he was a bull at a gate and did not take advice.
Posted by onthebeach, Tuesday, 9 July 2013 7:12:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy