The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Rudd Government found culpable in Pink Batts deaths.

Rudd Government found culpable in Pink Batts deaths.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
onthebeach, I for one don't blame Rudd for the deaths, however, his haste to implement the scheme, along with his REPEATED choices to ignor expert warnings, and his refusal to take advice from his own minister, Mr Garrett, allowed the tragic deaths to occur.

In other words, he contributed to the deaths, not to mention the waste.
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 5 July 2013 3:15:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
rehctub,

Totally agreed that it was bull at a gate stuff and misconceived from the start. Rudd is the sort of fellow who needs a patient but firm manager. He has no grasp of detail and nor does he ever seem aware of systems that are already in place. You couldn't let him lose as a hospital administrator for example.

Kevin Rudd is nice enough and well meaning if you can forget the self-promotion. He is the sort of personality that would drive an engineer crazy in five seconds flat. No sense of project management or even any appreciation of its worth.

Redundancy in regulations and duplication of management controls don't help, although that is what bureaucrats and politicians are usually about. It makes them look as though they are doing something. It sure helps them avoid understanding the systems that are already in place and the perennial systemic problems that are so often a part of them.
Posted by onthebeach, Friday, 5 July 2013 3:36:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry,
I find Garrett guilty by association and breathing air.
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Friday, 5 July 2013 3:50:46 PM
Hi SM,

I have to wonder if the next “apology” might be related to the deaths of hundreds of asylum seekers?

Rudd and Burke are admitting their “mistakes” in relation to border protection. They say they were not “nimble enough” to respond to changes in circumstances. (Translated from Rudd Speak this means the point at which we realised but failed to admit we screwed up).

I guess we will be able to inscribe the headstones with “Sorry, we don’t do nimble”.

As for Garrett, can the parents of those who lost their lives be consoled by the fact that Garrett “wrote letters” about the risks? Juvenile cretins the lot of them, they are a pox on our nation.

After these apologies I have two pages of ALP “policy” for which I expect and apology
Posted by spindoc, Saturday, 6 July 2013 9:24:44 AM
I wonder what the record is for the shortest prime ministership in our history, other than ome who died.

We must remember, that once the election is set, he is officially no longer PM.

Personally, I doubt he will be able to remove these monkeys from his back, those being Insulation deaths and Illegals debacle.
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 7 July 2013 1:45:49 PM
rehctub,

Kevin Rudd knows he has Buckleys Chance. His role is to preserve the seats occupied by Bill Shorten et al. It doesn't take much to do that.

His real job is racking up some real nautical miles with the missus in the VIP 737-700 and a very nice plane it is too.

Kevin and Terese are following in the jetstreams of that other jetsetting couple, Carr and his missus. Julia Who and her bloke are still recovering from their globe trotting, being seen simply everywhere and giving advice to simply everyone.

Yay for the Aussie world tourists and 'never you mind' to the taxpayers who pay for it all.
Posted by onthebeach, Sunday, 7 July 2013 2:57:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy