The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Fireworks is not a Culture

Fireworks is not a Culture

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
We can have no intelligent culture in a country the mass of whose people belief that New Years Eve fireworks is a cultural highlight of their lives.

Clem Gorman
Posted by clem gorman, Tuesday, 15 January 2013 12:09:27 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rubbish Clem, fireworks are family entertainment, nothing to do with culture and especially not “intelligent culture” whatever that is?
Posted by spindoc, Tuesday, 15 January 2013 2:34:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
C'mon Clem,

It is fireworks........not a mission statement
Posted by sonofgloin, Tuesday, 15 January 2013 3:23:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have often wondered about a society that worries about someone being endangered by passive smoking, if cigarette smoke gets near the door of their office building, but then indulges in fireworks displays.

Bringing tens of thousands together, then covering them in tons the nasty heavy metal carcinogens from a fireworks display must be pretty close to genocide.

Do you think the anti population Fabians are secretly funding this slaughter
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 15 January 2013 3:40:34 PM
Hasbeen>> Do you think the anti population Fabians are secretly funding this slaughter<<

H, if I could punt this one onto the Fabians, you know I would. I need a picture of Gillard in a gas mask gazing at the fireworks.....we will have something to go on then.
Posted by sonofgloin, Tuesday, 15 January 2013 4:15:35 PM
I have a daughter who's pretty good at photo shop SOG.

Perhaps she could sell them as well. Gillard would have to look better in a gas mask than not in one.

Where the hell do you find a smiley when you need one?

Moderator smileys supplied please. If my car forum can do it, why can't you?
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 15 January 2013 4:39:56 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy