The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Merry Christmyth from the Atheist Foundation of Australia

Merry Christmyth from the Atheist Foundation of Australia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 29
  7. 30
  8. 31
  9. Page 32
  10. 33
  11. 34
  12. 35
  13. ...
  14. 72
  15. 73
  16. 74
  17. All
Can any Forum member explain how this was possible please.
After posting on this thread, I immediately received an e-mail from the Atheist Foundation in my personal mailbox? Does this mean that posting on this site makes my e-mail address available for everyone?
Posted by worldwatcher, Monday, 24 December 2012 1:40:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David,

There are some false statements in what you have written here.

1. David wrote: ‘The New Testament Jesus may be under discussion by you but it is irrelevant to me. I am not going to say this again. It is the divinity of Jesus that is pertinent as Jesus the man is only a man’. You might try to get away with diverting the divinity/deity of Jesus from the New Testament, but it is in that historically reliable NT that I find the teaching on the deity of Christ. Nice try, but it doesn’t work.

2. David: ‘If you have qualifications, (where did you achieved them) or if you are a young or old earth creationist and you wish to have proper discussion, those facts should be divulged. Please lay this information on the table now’. You don’t have the humility to acknowledge what you don’t know about me. Another red herring.

3. Above, you wrote of New Testament historian, Dr. Paul Barnett: ‘Paul William Barnett is a fellow in ancient history at the Macquarie University. He has written about the history of the New Testament and not the divinity of Jesus’. That is another of your false statements. See Barnett's book, Messiah: Jesus, the evidence of history, in which he deals with the deity of Christ.

Paul Barnett affirms the deity of Christ in his online article, ‘The Great Creeds', http://paulbarnett.info/2011/06/

You are digging yourself further into the hole of ignorance with what you stated of Paul Barnett and his view on the divinity/deity of Christ.

4. You also stated of me, ‘I think OzSpen would pull you up about arguments from authority. That is on his cute little fallacy list. Be interesting to see if he does or doesn't’. Here you are engaging in another ad hominem logical fallacy against me. Sure sounds like you don’t like being called for your use of logical fallacies when you say things like this about me.

I will not continue my discussions with you because of your use of logical fallacies, making it impossible to have a logical discussion.
Posted by OzSpen, Monday, 24 December 2012 1:41:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
worldwatcher,

<<Can any Forum member explain how this was possible please.
After posting on this thread, I immediately received an e-mail from the Atheist Foundation in my personal mailbox? Does this mean that posting on this site makes my e-mail address available for everyone?>>

I find that to be a serious breach of privacy on a public forum. I think you should be addressing this to the management of On Line Opinion.
Posted by OzSpen, Monday, 24 December 2012 1:45:34 PM
OzSpen,

1. There is no ‘nice try’ about it. You ‘believe’ Jesus to be divine. Great.

2. No information as it might embarrass you. I understand. We’ll take your words on ‘faith’ then, shall we?

3. Yes, I was partly incorrect about Bennett. Apparently, he is somewhat infected by the religious gene. Therefore everything I say is wrong.

4. No condemnation of washer’s fallacies. It was an ad hominem to a sensitive you but a mere truthful statement from me. Proven, by the way, as you still have not picked washer up about it. Very selective of you.

Allow me to add a few more numbered statements:

5. No proof of the divinity of Jesus enough to convince everyone.

6. No answering the question I posed. This is a biggie and you know it. It would destroy your hanging-by-a-thread credibility if you did so. The fear of retribution is behind it all and that is a terrible burden to place on children who cannot combat it. It is child abuse.

7. No understanding of the Anthony Flew situation. This was quite a blunder by you. Not just a blunder but a monumental misreading of the matter. This was either a result of only taking information from dubious Christian websites or intentionally meant to misrepresent the case by you. Either way, it demonstrates a totally one-eyed view of (un)reality.

8. A continual overusing of the currency concerning fallacies. Don’t look now but that is not working. Or is this the not-working fallacy?

Goodbye and enjoy the only life you are ever going to have.

Merry Christmyth.

David

worldwatcher,

Apart from the fact you received an email that might be tied up with this Forum but I doubt that very much, the Atheist Foundation of Australia does not send out random emails to anyone.

What was the subject and content of the email?

Please forward a copy of the said email to info@atheistfoundation. org.au

David
Posted by Atheist Foundation of Australia Inc, Monday, 24 December 2012 2:27:46 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
worldwatcher,

<<Can any Forum member explain how this was possible please.
After posting on this thread, I immediately received an e-mail from the Atheist Foundation in my personal mailbox? Does this mean that posting on this site makes my e-mail address available for everyone?>>

What did the email from the Atheist Foundation state? Have you supplied these details to the editor of On Line Opinion?
Posted by OzSpen, Monday, 24 December 2012 7:32:53 PM
OzSpen,

No, I didn't even bother to open it. Just immediately deleted it.
Didn't inform the editor either. Treated it the same as any other unwanted e-mail - straight to the trash bin.

However, it does bother me that this could happen, as I believed that my e-mail address was not available to anyone unless I handed it out.
I stay away from Facebook and Twitter for that very reason.
Posted by worldwatcher, Monday, 24 December 2012 8:15:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 29
  7. 30
  8. 31
  9. Page 32
  10. 33
  11. 34
  12. 35