The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Merry Christmyth from the Atheist Foundation of Australia

Merry Christmyth from the Atheist Foundation of Australia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 27
  7. 28
  8. 29
  9. Page 30
  10. 31
  11. 32
  12. 33
  13. ...
  14. 72
  15. 73
  16. 74
  17. All
David,

<<A fluster of posts with Biblical quotes, religious stories and anecdotes do not answer the question I posed.>>

Yes, they do, but you don't want to listen to all of the reliable historical evidence that is available from Scripture. Yes, reliable historical evidence. This has been proved many times over, but you don't want to hear about it.

Dr. Paul Barnett, a former history teacher at Macquarie University, Sydney, has written a number of publications that confirm the historical reliability of the Bible. He wrote as a historian and a Christian. His publications include:

1. Is the New Testament History?
2. Jesus and the Logic of History;
3. Jesus and the Rise of Early Christianity;
4. The Birth of Christianity: The First Twenty Years
5. Paul: Missionary of Jesus

He was so competent as a historian that Macquarie University hired him to teach history. He confirms the historical reliability of the New Testament.

But, ah! You, as an atheist, don't want to hear that evidence. You write off 'Biblical quotes', but Dr Paul Barnett, the historian, can demonstrate the historical reliability of the New Testament. As an atheist, you have decided to exclude reliable historical records from your repertoire of historical evidence? Why? Your presuppositional bias against the Bible!
Posted by OzSpen, Sunday, 23 December 2012 4:49:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
OzSpen,

Looking back at some of your posts over time shows a preponderance mention of various fallacies, which you love to throw around like confetti for effect. Mostly they are not related to that which you are criticising and it is only done to show you are innocent of written wrongdoing yourself and the master describing the literary faults of others. If I had to guess, I would say that religious-method-lessons, (some religious websites promote this dishonesty and a start to investigate can be found here http://www.atheismsfallacies.com/ ) panic, desperation, run out of ideas and insecurity causes this.

And about the question, well, looks like your fear of the wrath of Yahweh is showing even though you didn't state it just in case he found out.

Do you mean Paul William Barnett, the ex-Anglican Bishop of North Sydney? Yes, he would be unbiased as it gets. Not.

BTW, the Garden of Eden was not real, it is a bad metaphor at best and anyone using it in discussion as though it was real, should be careful of calling other people names concerning credibility. And I am not going into the creationist mumbo jumbo arguments…trust me.

David
Posted by Atheist Foundation of Australia Inc, Sunday, 23 December 2012 5:07:40 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lexi,

Thank you and hugs are returned to you. The good thing is that love and hugs are not limited. They are in boundless supply.

As a very analytical person my inclination is to challenge for what we like to call facts and evidence.

But I have experienced enough of life to realise how limited and impoverished we are when we always do that.

"To give life meaning, one must have a purpose larger than one’s self" - Will Durant
Posted by onthebeach, Sunday, 23 December 2012 5:46:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AJ Philips>> Not exactly what one would expect from a thinking man or a fence-sitter <<

Sadly that is life AJ, expectations shatter.
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 23 December 2012 5:55:59 PM
David,

<<Do you mean Paul William Barnett, the ex-Anglican Bishop of North Sydney? Yes, he would be unbiased as it gets. Not>>.
He is such a competent historian that Macquarie University hired him. And you, an atheist, would be as unbiased as it gets. Right??

<<BTW, the Garden of Eden was not real, it is a bad metaphor at best and anyone using it in discussion as though it was real, should be careful of calling other people names concerning credibility. And I am not going into the creationist mumbo jumbo arguments…trust me.>>

This is David, the atheistic president of the Australian Atheist Foundation speaking. Please tell me your qualifications in biblical hermeneutics.

Here you are with your ad hominem logical fallacy again: "the creationist mumbo jumbo arguments"

We cannot have a logical discussion when you resort to these kinds of tactics in your misotheism.
Posted by OzSpen, Monday, 24 December 2012 7:38:13 AM
David,

<<Looking back at some of your posts over time shows a preponderance mention of various fallacies, which you love to throw around like confetti for effect. Mostly they are not related to that which you are criticising and it is only done to show you are innocent of written wrongdoing yourself and the master describing the literary faults of others. If I had to guess, I would say that religious-method-lessons, (some religious websites promote this dishonesty and a start to investigate can be found here http://www.atheismsfallacies.com/ ) panic, desperation, run out of ideas and insecurity causes this.>>

This is a false accusation. This is also another example of your use of a fallacy of relevance: An error that does not address the issues.

When I have accused you of using this and other logical fallacies I have been accurate in my accusations. I happen to know what opponents of Christianity do and you are no exception with your use of logical fallacies.

<<If I had to guess>>

That's exactly what you have done here.
Posted by OzSpen, Monday, 24 December 2012 9:11:24 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 27
  7. 28
  8. 29
  9. Page 30
  10. 31
  11. 32
  12. 33