The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > We Will Need Malaysia solution!

We Will Need Malaysia solution!

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
I doubt, as advice has constantly told us temporary protection visas will work.
We could fill Nehru today, and Manus in a month.
What once worked will not now.
Strange but my firm view Tony Abbott or who ever replaces him, will need Malaya too.
I still see, more certain every day Gillard remains, a landslide to the coalition.
But if they are to get the Senate a massive task is in front of them.
Impossible in fact, as the greens slump to 8% it will not impact, only one seat is to be voted on for them.
A compromise now, both sides visiting Malaysia together, would look statesman like.
Not some thing our current opposition does very often.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 4 September 2012 6:00:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly, one has to ask, at what poimt do we declare war on these invaders, peaceful of otherwise?

Do we simply wait until our mining resources are depleted and our economy is in serious decline.

Do we wait until an unsustainable amount of our budget is consumed by this, if that's not already the case.

Perhaps it's time we made some tough descisions and stopped pussy footing around with this, cause let's face it, where will we be if we see another five years of the same.

Food for thought!
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 5 September 2012 6:35:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry Belly, but take time to gather your thoughts before punching out a topic. I'm struggling to decipher what you're trying to say.

This racist 'boat people' topic is boring. The media BORE me too tears with the OBVIOUS racism about terrorist, criminals, and darkies, floating up on our shores threatening everything we are because, well, they might be muslim, or worse, not white. It's boring, transparent, ridiculous, and embarrassing.

Many more illegal immigrants arrive by plane. MANY ... more. MANY ... MANY ... more. We can't do anything about that because initially they arrive legally, but then overstay their holiday visa or claim asylum at the airport.

If you're going to attack illegal immigration, attack ALL OF IT. I've got no sympathy for illegal immigrants because I migrated legally. If I could do it, so can they.

If they want to "stop the boats" ... friggen stop them. Find out where they come from and send em back on a one-way ticket with a note telling them how to do it legally. Enough of the rubbish.
Posted by StG, Wednesday, 5 September 2012 7:29:27 AM
If Mr Pighead seen daylight and voted for Malaysia 12 months ago, who knows the problem may not be there now.
Time has moved on and the boaters have friends in the litigation, and hard done by law firms.
You can only fill an island once, then what more christmas island.
Posted by 579, Wednesday, 5 September 2012 7:37:25 AM
579, Mr Pig Headed, as you call him would not be so, had the wonderful Mr Rudd not opened the flood gates.

People just need to understand that if it's not broken, then dont fix it.

300 to tens of thousands in just a few years would suggest it wasn't broken in the first place.

Sure, the numbers of attemptees would have increased, but the mechanism was in place and could have simply been improved, not abolished as it was by the oh so clever one.

But seriously,I ask all here, at what point do we adopt the big stick approach.

Do we tolerate this invasion for another five years?

Do we start to slash more services and cut more funding for our own, just so we can continue throwing money a this problem, money we simply don't have?

I know it's a harsh stance to take, but, at what point do we take it, if ever?

As for Muslims,I would like you all to please remember one very important fact.

While not all Muslims are terrorists, most, if not all terrorists are Muslims.

So it stands to reason, that the more you let in, the greater the risk. Sorry, no racisim intended, but that's simply a fact.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 5 September 2012 10:09:06 AM
What Oz needs now
Is spunk, strong spunk
It's the only thing
That there's just too little of

What Oz needs now
Is spunk, strong spunk
No not just for Ju-lia
But for every-one

Lord we don't need the Malay solution
There are boats and boats
Enough to fill it in a week or two
There are lawyers and activists
Enough to whine
Till the end of time

What Oz needs now
Is spunk, strong spunk
No not just for Ju-lia
But for every-one
Posted by SPQR, Wednesday, 5 September 2012 10:09:46 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy