The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Nuclear weapons for Australia.

Nuclear weapons for Australia.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Here is a scenario,

Say in 2050 Australia had 10 MX type missiles in hardened hidden silos. (the MX missile deploys up to 10 warheads with 300 radar identical decoys that make anti missile defence near impossible) The damage an invader could suffer would outweigh the gains.

I agree the expenditure on the military is pitiful, and if we wanted to fight anyone bigger than East Timor we would struggle.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 25 April 2012 1:36:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly.

I must say, in using the term tree huggers, just puts you and others as Paul kindly pointed out, as real threat to humanity. People just love using that word as a platform to say they belong in some sort of loony bin. The fact is belly, some people just don't or can not see the bigger picture beyond their own ignorance's.

"I am sure the next nation to use an atomic bomb will also fully justify their action. I do not support any nation having nuclear weapons. I have to question who really are the extremists in our society.

Well said...

Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 25 April 2012 8:04:11 AM

I myself, sit just 50% off the centre of neutral, and the far left Iam not. The biodiversity of this planet that we need.....(Ive got to laugh at this) are cause the entire planet to collapse and I don't think you understand how important other governments decisions are.

The conservative members of this planet, you may want to thank them rather than insult them, cause while you cant see the larger and more crucial aspects of the life-support-system's, others do with a passion.

Now when it comes to unclear weapons, no-one would dare press the button, it too will be the end of them as well.

Conservationists work very hard while the majority continue to sit back and just help to kill the very planet our own grandchildren will inherit after us.

Try and think Belly....look into my eyes:/......THE BIGGER-PICTURE!

cc
Posted by planet 3, Wednesday, 25 April 2012 2:36:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Planet 3 yes you and Paul, I would buy you both a beer have a laugh then another beer, most definitely are in my view the perfect match for those radical tree hugers.
A war any war any reason is unwanted.
Being the side that lost, is occupied, is not on my wish list.
Planet 3 if my view of you is wrong, enjoy! but can you stand by Paul's numbers he infers are killed by America?
Why is it no mention is made of mass murders of their own people,by others, or why America went into the Balkans?
I want to tell you a story,years ago an unbalanced in my view student from a northern uni scribbled on every lane merging sign for hundreds of klms.
Form one Lane or more, TO make it read one planet!
I consider him an addition to Paul and your own view of current affairs and politics.
Sorry but see it is a curse to lie ,to not say what you think, in the name of good manners.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 25 April 2012 4:15:41 PM
Belly,

If you feel offended by my remark about Japan's (alleged) plan to invade Australia all I can repeat is that is a historical fact, based on extensive by Dr Peter Stanley, the former Chief Historian of the Australian War Memorial as has been widely discussed for several years.

Even PM Tojo said "We never had enough troops to do so [invade Australia]. We had already far out-stretched our lines of communication. We did not have the armed strength or the supply facilities to mount such a terrific extension of our already over-strained and too thinly spread forces. We expected to occupy all New Guinea, to maintain Rabaul as a holding base, and to raid Northern Australia by air. But actual physical invasion — no, at no time".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proposed_Japanese_invasion_of_Australia_during_World_War_II

If it makes you feel better to think that John Wayne was as he appeared to be and that Wars are just like Hollywood, then go ahead.

You must also believe that politicans never lie (except for Gillard) and that the winners don't write the history books.
The perpetuation and glorification of historical myths are what keeps people going back for more of the same, over and over and over again.
Posted by rache, Thursday, 26 April 2012 4:12:17 PM
rache bit snide, but I except that.
What offends me, and points to you not under standing, is the childish inference it is I who do not understand.
Had Japan,won the pacific war, we would have been strangled and in fact defeated.
Planet 3 too grabs the thought I fail to see the big picture.
Fact is I am part of the big picture vast majority, not the lost green left.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 26 April 2012 4:33:59 PM
Belly.....I find your Internet behaviour quite poor. The self-righteous attitude is most unfitting for a man of your knowledge. Differences of opinion in places like this must be respected with the up-most diligence.

"Sorry but see it is a curse to lie ,to not say what you think, in the name of good manners."

Belly, you might want to take your own advice:)....and what LIE?

Being in the majority, doesn't make you right, in fact....its the majority that makes the situation the GREENS/INVIROMENTISTS-plus....that have to clean up after you.

If one was to take all the caring people out of the equation, this world would go down the drain faster than you could blink.

And as for the rest of your gobbledygook, go and ask Paul yourself about the question, and I don't drink beer:)

"Planet 3 if my view of you is wrong, enjoy! Yes Belly, sometimes you too get it wrong:) but don't we all.

Cheers.

cc
Posted by planet 3, Thursday, 26 April 2012 7:36:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy