The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Greens and the ALP demise

Greens and the ALP demise

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Morgan

You flew for me from day one. I ignored you for weeks. Not anymore.
Look how rude y9ou are to everyone. Just look at the way you speak/ post to the butcher hasbeen and now me. Debate yes but i do not come here to be abused .
The trouble with the truly insane is they always think its everybody else but them. The whole world is crazy and everybody is mad- bar them. Ring any bells.
Posted by Kerryanne, Wednesday, 13 July 2011 8:16:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
While people go on and on about global warming and the preaching about everything to everybody- may i remind some the biggest problem is over population.

Yet do we see ever any of the woman suggesting anything other than their kids being taught that- nope

Or the grandkids- nope. All we see are these serial breeders demanding a better greener life for their never ending clam.

Well here is news- until we control the over population there is no way to tackle climate change .

But they do dream on full of their own self importance.

Still whatever...
Posted by Kerryanne, Wednesday, 13 July 2011 10:14:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Kerryanne,

Don't despair, the world population is in decline.
Thirty generations or about 900 years ago you had 536,870,911* ancestors and so did I, now there's only the two of us.

* give or take a bit of incest and inter-breeding here and there.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 14 July 2011 4:55:56 PM
How could the safety (or otherwise) of GM Crops be determined without testing the same? Now, thanks to Greenpeace, the potential of Genetically Modified Crops to solve problems such as those facing up to 30 Million people in East Africa (Famine - the safety profile of eating nothing for a month or so is well and truly established) has been held up by extremist maniacs, once again.

Yes, the safety of GM Cereal Crops as a source of nutrition has yet to be established. However, the need to feed people in areas which are not well suited to traditional crops, are driving the need for this testing to be carried out. It seems Greenpeace is far more concerned with preventing these tests (they fear that the safety of these crops may be established obviously), than with preserving the lives of people in undeveloped Countries.

When the famine strikes hardest, when it kills people on a scale not seen for a decade or more ie. on a genocidal/biblical scale, then Greenpeace and their ilk should bear the responsibility for those deaths. Their actions were deliberate and designed to prevent the testing of these crops, and to prevent these crops being used to feed people. The sheer bloody-mindedness of that in light of the developing famine, means that the responsible parties should be prosecuted by the UN War Crimes Tribunal in the Hague for genocide. The genocide could have been averted, based upon tests that cannot now be carried out because of the deliberate prevention of the same.

Wake up, food and energy are the latest weapons in the current crises. Greenpeace has wielded the same with absolute, callous, calculated disregard of anything but their own political agenda. If a warlord in Somalia destroyed what they had destroyed, he'd certainly be charged. If the Greens don't condemn this action (they may not like GM Crops but they aren't sponsoring Genocide, surely?) they are equally responsible. These crops were to be used in "TESTING", preventing that testing is about as reprehensible as shelling civilians.
Posted by Custard, Thursday, 14 July 2011 9:38:05 PM
Custard, I am as much an advocate for the progression of GM crops as anyone, but that sort of hyperbolic rhetoric is not helpful to anyone.

I know it works for the anti-science climate ostriches, but when you want scientists to back you, a considered and non-extreme viewpoint is generally de rigueur.
Posted by Bugsy, Thursday, 14 July 2011 10:41:59 PM
Is Mise

Fact is the world is over populated mate and we are breeding ourselves into global warming and destruction.
The animals are stuck in tiny sheds to cater to the people- more and more and more. All this talk about global warming and C tax is ridiculous unless we tackle that first.
Posted by Kerryanne, Thursday, 14 July 2011 11:51:29 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy