The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Women at the front line. Are they for real!

Women at the front line. Are they for real!

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All
So here we go again, these women want to be treated as equal by being allowed to fight at the front line in combat.

You're kidding!

So, please explain;
What happens when the menstruate?

Will it be a case of, I', soory I just don't feel to good today, i'll have to pass.

What happens when they are asked to lift something that is deemed to heavy?

What happens when they get yelled at? Remember, this is war, not a picnic.

To the enemy they are simply soldiers and should they not be up to the task, many lives would be placed at risk.

Could this simply be yet another case of 'equal rights when it suits'?

Now I am not a sexist, but I am a realist and, there are simply some things that women should not participate in and visa versa for men.
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 12 April 2011 9:11:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I’m pretty sure they have these new fangled pills that eliminate the problem of menstruation.

I think the other stuff is probably dealt with in that training they all have to do, pass, or get out.

You are a great big giant sexist Rehctub but you’re our sexist.
Posted by Jewely, Tuesday, 12 April 2011 10:14:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
rehctub <"What happens when the(y) menstruate?"

Medications are commonly used for some female soldiers to prevent menstruation if it is going to cause problems on the job.

"What happens when they are asked to lift something that is deemed to heavy?"

Can all men lift all items? What happens if they can't lift it?
I would think many of the women would be as strong, if not stronger than some of the men. They may also be smarter at working out how to lift it without hurting themselves.

"What happens when they get yelled at? Remember, this is war, not a picnic."

They will say 'yes sir/madam" like the men do I would imagine.
They will get the same training.

"To the enemy they are simply soldiers and should they not be up to the task, many lives would be placed at risk."

Really? Are all men always 'up to the task'? I guess if they were, we wouldn't have had the various court marshals for killing their own men, or killing innocent civilians, and for being deserters in the armed forces over the years, now would we?

"Could this simply be yet another case of 'equal rights when it suits'?"

Yes. If it suits women to want to join the armed forces, then it should absolutely be 'allowed'.

"Now I am not a sexist..."

Yes you are... and a very naive one.
Posted by suzeonline, Tuesday, 12 April 2011 10:37:48 PM
Rechtub my old sparing partner you do put your foot in it, often.
Not as if we propose forcing women in to uniform.
And I doubt we will ask them to strap bombs to them selves and murder others.
Are you aware how many women down the century's have fought.
Or how many fight now?
It was a long while ago females rode side saddle.
And unlikely as you seem to think you can not keep them on the pedestal.
Most would not want the service life, but those who do?
Think a little bit about this,are women mens property to control or just as free to do as they wish as us?
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 13 April 2011 5:36:28 AM
Suzeonline has it totally correct ('cept the plural is courts martial) on this one, I think.

Modern military command tends to be centred on "fit for purpose" concepts for both personnel and equipment; and this operates within a 'gender inclusive' society here in Australia. The ideal would be for no one to be needed as a soldier – no prospect of this happening soon…

Still… I can't help but wonder what the Taliban would do if confronted by a UN 'Boudica' battalion?

I reckon they'd lose.
Posted by WmTrevor, Wednesday, 13 April 2011 6:48:53 AM
I thought women were intelligent.Let's see.They want to go to war for a few imperialists,risk their lives amongst depleted uranium and steal a country's energy/resources based on the lie of war against terrorism?

It was one of the Rockefellers who bragged about bringing women into the workforce.They would be come another money milking cow for elite few.They would pay enoumous taxes for debt their Govts created.The reason being,the driving up of house prices via Govt policy of restricting the supply of land.It now takes 18 times annual salary to buy a house compared to 4 times annual salary to buy a house in 1980.So all this mortage debt feeds the banks and the elite private sector.

So are families any better off having both parties working? In terms of life quality,probably not.
Posted by Arjay, Wednesday, 13 April 2011 7:56:36 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy