The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Getting shot of Oakeshott.

Getting shot of Oakeshott.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Conservative country voters are so angry at Oakeshott and Windsor for delivering government to Labor that not only are they suffering from huge swings in voter sentiment, but all the independents are suffering similar swings, as voters question the "independence" of the independents

"VOTER support for Rob Oakeshott has fallen through the floor according to confidential polling conducted for the NSW Nationals since the independent MP pledged his support for Julia Gillard's carbon tax. Mr Oakeshott has lapsed into net negative approval, according to the poll.

Anger towards Mr Oakeshott and his fellow independent NSW MP Tony Windsor, who also backs the minority Labor government and the Prime Minister's carbon tax, is now threatening the viability of several state independent MPs at the March 26 election."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/locals-still-angry-with-mp-who-chose-labor/story-fn59niix-1226014387113

http://www.news.com.au/national/nationals-polling-shows-rob-oakeshotts-support-is-shot/story-e6frfkw0-1226014530832
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 2 March 2011 1:24:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My only post in this thread.
Sir you feed the hate that has been bought in to AUSTRALIAN politics by your ambitious leader.
You do no good for your side and ignore the great number [including Labor senators] who over the years voted with your side.
Today your dysfunctional team said our Treasurer and Prime Minister are as bad as ? the insane murderous leader of Libya!
My next thread will be about other than politics, we need to reduce the heat,across Australia, generated by a new tool in politics, one without honor.
Both mentioned members of Parliament have been threatened with death, I hope we never come to that .
I will not feed that hate or you.
But am required by my heart to post just one denial in your threads.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 2 March 2011 4:32:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well put Belly.

The emergence of a 'tea party' type conservative uprising is the last thing Australia needs, nor the rhetoric that goes with it.
Posted by pelican, Wednesday, 2 March 2011 5:29:02 PM
Never mind SM, I said after they sided with labor to form government that they had taken a huge risk, one that may well have just signed their own death warrants (literally speaking), because if labor failed, they to would fall on their swords.

I also said that if labor and these guys failed the people, that I would not likely see another labor government for the rest of my time. Probably the best outcome I could have hoped for and one well worth waiting another three years for. Perhaps three years is a bit ambitious.

As usual, we are only privy to some of the facts.

The things we don't know are,
How much will power go up.How much will fuel increase.
How much will our cost of living increase by.
What will be the threshold (if any) for compensation from these rises. Will she target a combined income of $48K again! Less than low income earners get. So who will get reliefe?

I have also heard that their modeling is based on some $26 per ton, yet they have mentioned $48 per ton. Which one is it. There is a huge difference, some 85% in fact.

Does this mean our out of pocket expenses will be another 85% on top of predictions?

This smells of the NBN, the mining tax, no real substance. Nobody knows the facts.

One can only assume that niether do they.

The ducks are lining up ready to form a row!
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 2 March 2011 5:52:35 PM
Belly and Pelican,

Your comments are about Rob Oakeshott how?

Juliar whilst not as murderous as Gaddafi is certainly as delusional.

It doesn't bother her to lie and twist the truth continually. Some porkers:

"The NBN will improve competition" whilst writing legislation to obliterate competition,

"Carbon pricing is widely supported by industry" whilst getting support from only a handful.

etc

AS for RO, he is attaching his star to Labor, but no one will touch his treacherous hide with a barge pole after 2013.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 2 March 2011 5:57:12 PM
Belly my china, no need to respond to this but let’s look at this issue of Oakeshott and his unrepresentative representation of the voters in his electorate.

The seat of Port came to be after changes in 1988. The whole area was traditionally Nats. The seat of Port has NEVER had a Labor member.

The 2007 election,

Rob Oakeshott IND 67.1% +3.2
Leslie Williams NAT...19.4%...+0.9
Monica Hayes ALP...9.1%...-0.8

In 2007 the Nats grew by 1% and the Labor vote decreased by 1%, even the trend was against Labor. In the 2008 by-election there was no Labor candidate. I guess Oakshott was already sewn up by the 2008 bi election, what foresight.

Whatever the electorate saw Oakshott as it was certainly not Labor, has never been Labor, and by today’s poll will never be Labor.

The fraudulent travesty of an elected representative giving support to the traditional opposing ideology of the electorate is nothing short of treacherous. This self serving buffoon is despised by my moral compass, but not because he supported the Labor party, rather his saying of up yours to the people who supported and elected him and the subsequent loss of all THEIR expectations of THEIR elected voice. They did not vote for Oakshott’s or Windsor’s voice but that is what they got,these self serving despots were to be THEIR voice.

Belly betrayal is the most common motive for murder amongst we civilized bags of water, I can understand the simplistic despising Oakeshott and Windsor to the point that their sense of betrayal triggers the emotions to threatening the ultimate retribution in human terms. I do not see it as how low we have sunk, I see it as how treacherous and corrupt the servants of the people have become.
Posted by sonofgloin, Wednesday, 2 March 2011 6:58:30 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy