The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Australian Book of Atheism

The Australian Book of Atheism

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. 18
  10. All
THE AUSTRALIAN BOOK OF ATHEISM
EDITED BY WARREN BONETT - SCRIBE PUBLICATIONS

The Australian Book of Atheism is the first collection to explore atheism from an Australian viewpoint. Bringing together essays from 33 of the nation’s pre-eminent atheist, rationalist, humanist, and sceptical thinkers, it canvasses a range of opinions on religion and secularism in Australia.

QUOTED FROM:
http://www.scribepublications.com.au/book/theaustralianbookofatheism

I have just finished reading this excellent book. I think it is one of the best books of it's kind I have read. I have books by Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens, Dan Barker and Da...niel Dennett plus books debunking Religion.

I am Australian. I am a bedragled refugee from the "Holy" Roman Catholic Church now a proud and very active Atheist. I am very well read in the Bible, Ancient History, Ancient Egypt and the history of the Foundation of the Roman Catholic Church.

I was not sure what I was going to get when I ordered this book. I felt I should support this book and it's author and contributors. I am glad I did. The book is far better than I thought it was going to be. The contributors are excellent and experts in their fields.

The book tells as it is, and has been in Australia for religion and for non-believers. I am 70 years old and remember a lot of the history, sordid in many cases of Christianity in Australia. The Roman Catholic Church stands out as one that has interferred in Politics and the lives of people. It was responsible in part for the great split in the Labor Party and formation of the DLP at the hands of one of the worst bigots, Dr. Daniel Mannix, Archbishop of Melbourne at the time. I was a Xavier College (Jesuit) at the time.

I hope this book helps in the further destruction of Religion in Australia. I think the figures now show that only about 60% of Australians believe in "God". (Census figures)and only about 7% of Believers attend Church on a regular basis.

Excellent book, easy to read.
Posted by Eccles64, Saturday, 11 December 2010 10:05:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So, what are your plans for the Christians who don't want "the destruction of Religion in Australia" - gulags? lions? rice paddies?

Good luck with your search for meaning. The church door will always be open for when you realise what you have become.
Posted by TRUTHNOW78, Monday, 13 December 2010 10:27:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The church is full of child molesters, you have to be twisted to go there. Realism not fakeism,
Posted by 579, Monday, 13 December 2010 11:19:49 AM
@TRUTHNOW78

Have you read the book?
Posted by Eccles64, Monday, 13 December 2010 11:33:47 AM
kiddies still trying so hard to deny the obvious. Besides hatred it makes me wonder what motivates them.
Posted by runner, Monday, 13 December 2010 12:28:36 PM
Haven't read it but I'm sure it's full of the usual stuff, e.g. the universe had a first cause but if we close our minds long enough hopefully Darwin will come back to life and tell me how it happened.

And that if I say, "atheism isn't a religion, it's just the disbelief in a God" before stating numerous faith-based beliefs, I can still say I'm a rational, reasonable person.
Posted by TRUTHNOW78, Monday, 13 December 2010 12:29:16 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. 18
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy