The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Kevin Rudd a considered opinion

Kevin Rudd a considered opinion

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. All
On the morning the Polls reflect the mood of Melbourne, and Rudd would be defeated if he went to the polls today, Belly has an opportunity to save his bacon. Rudd will win my vote back and that of enough to carry the day if he listens to our mate Belly. Belly you are an intelligent man, and can probably get to Kevin Rudd’s ear in a way no one else on OLO could.

KR is currently the hostage of his lawyer advisers, in the Prime Ministers Legal Policy Unit. These idiots are uneducated, do not have a clue about the English language, and subscribe to the myth of State Sovereignty. S 79 and 80 are vital parts of the Australian Constitution and If KR will just come out and admit that the words judges and court in s 79 Constitution are generic, and not the same as Court and Judge which are specific words.

The Official Australian Style Manual, which governs the conduct of printers of Government documents, states that Capital Letters must be applied to some nouns to distinguish them from their generic meaning (Page 125). S 79 Constitution uses ‘judges’ and ‘courts’ as generic terms, to distinguish them from ‘Judge’ and ‘Court’ which are not generic terms, but apply to individuals and places. A generic court (in order to comply with Ch III Constitution) must have ‘judges’ and those judges must be 12 ordinary subjects of Her Majesty Elizabeth the Second.

English is the language of the Australian Constitution, and when the term “generic” is clarified by the Oxford English Dictionary, which says: Characteristic of a genus or class; applied to (any individual of) a large group or class. general, not specific, or special.
It is clear that the words court and judges, as used in S 79 of Ch III Constitution refer to a genus of courts, and a genus of judges, not a Specific Court or specific Judge, and accordingly much legislation has been promulgated in error. Likewise S 80 Constitution clarifies S 79 and refers specifically to juries, but not a court.
Posted by Peter the Believer, Monday, 10 May 2010 3:45:17 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thinker 2 you and I know about the media of 1974/1975 most do not.
Nothing has changed well wait back then the lies flowed but we my ALP was often wrong.
Todays lies fear the whole thing is as false as Abbott's claim work choices is dead.
Rudd is the best we have, at present, most of the lost voters went to greens.
I do think Rudd has failed in a few things ETS, gutless that.
Garret, and Macklyne should be exported.
Tanner would be a better deputy, but Rudd is still odds on to win another term.
Like other posters I want evidence he is learning, aware substance is required not cuddly teddy bear stuff.
And in time he will retrieve much lost popularity, but maybe not from true believers like me.
He must let his Cabernet be seen, stop farming the view he is the government, Tanner should be up front more and give Shorten air.
Boat people? just maybe it is a red neck issue but we are finding voters going because of it.
See the nice and sweet no ban on burkas statement?
Bet 60% of voters disagree, unhappy about that? no way count me in the for it pile.
But opposition joy is counting chickens that are not going to hatch.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 10 May 2010 5:38:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Remember Belly,the one term wonders?You said no way 2yrs ago. Labor have betrayed their faithful.The Bonobo Party.The diffence being Labor do not simulate sex with our economy.They are presently raping it.Find a new party Belly.
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 10 May 2010 10:21:27 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arjay often you launch in to threads to explain you know things the rest of us do not.
Not for the first time, you say Rudd is a one termer.
How will you hide the evidence of your lack of understanding after the Federal election?
See fact is Rudd will be returned.
Still a very real possibility with an increased majority.
Arjay Rabbott will NEVER lead Australia.
Not ever.
While Labor has failed to impress in the last 12 months, While Rudd has gone for kisses and cuddles rather than policy's that he carries out.
Rabbott and his team, worst senate road block for years, are imitating the Nazi proper gander minister truth having no value in the rubbish Australia is about to see past and the lies.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 12 May 2010 5:20:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rudd & the bulk of the ALP hierarchy are of academic background. That should explain it all.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 12 May 2010 6:16:01 AM
I said a considered opinion, but I have not given that have I?
I am finding it hard not to compare Rudd to ANY front bencher in the shambolic Abbott team.
Against his opposition he rules, by miles.
And let me bury that biased rubbish, that killer of true debate, that my defense of Rudd/ALP/UNIONS is without reservation.
Clearly that is wrong, and those who say it undermine their ability to understand others views have value too.
Back to Rudd, he is a nice bloke, loves the spotlight, a true financial conservative.
But can he be progressive and loved?
Forget the fear, he has already won the coming election.
And in my view he will bring about great reforms, but he MUST control some real duds in his team.
I question the need for ALP prime minsters to be so well educated, it seems to make some remote from me and those like me.
Delegation, a key word find the right people and delegate.
Get an ETS or get out Kevin, be brave in social welfare, rebuild the unemployment system.
Put those who can not get work in to real jobs not underpaid ones not sit down money give a return to us for tax's in this area.
Take health care, all of the states powers away, never ever can you fix it all but improve it.
Never too late to learn mate and we are no one termer but we may not get the third one without hard effort.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 12 May 2010 6:44:37 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy