The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Your Thoughts?

Your Thoughts?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
*Welcome to new posters, please say something controversial, so we can disagree.*

Hehe Belly, I love it :)

I do often wonder about how many lurkers are really out there,
Graham might be able to tell us more.

In my experience, a great many people are extremely self concious
and have trouble expressing what they really think and feel.
Some have simply never thought about issues, some even like a set
of rules, by which they can live, they don't want to think too deep
beyond that. But many enjoy reading others viewpoints.

Perhaps the regulars here are simply a very noisy bunch !

Posted by Yabby, Thursday, 18 March 2010 8:32:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
On the day this even then nearly middle aged bloke who could never spell and thought grammar was a school for rich kids first posted?
It was another forum, the PC was a 486, my spell check had a nervous breakdown,even I could not understand what I had written.
But I could think, I do not talk as I sometimes write.
It is human nature, I got rubbished, often, even now a Mr or Mrs Bucket will trumpet from up high about that grammar school, miss spelling, too many words without a full stop , but I serve it back.
Out there now are folk we would like, learn from enjoy conversations with, who fear such as that,dive in please tell us what you think.
By the way in my first forum Australian politics I thought it was my miss spelled posts got to about the number they are here.
It was in a forum I loved your rights at work I got a spell check that seemed to understand almost every thing I wrote, maybe it is dyslectic?
PS
Middle age, what a thread starter, it is not mid 50,s you know it in fact is about 32
Posted by Belly, Friday, 19 March 2010 3:13:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly I have decreed that for you and I middle age is 65 i.e. life expectancy is 130, after all only the good die young. :-) :-)
Poets day, old son, your first up, mines a dark ale.Cheers

I feel sorry for runner and those who are so morally sure, (assuming they live up to their standards) their time must be almost up. :-(
Posted by examinator, Friday, 19 March 2010 1:07:59 PM
Belly: << Return to back yard food gardens? >>

I don't want to start a world war, but personally, I reckon you're mad if you have a back yard and you don't grow at least some of your own food. We've had an excellent season from our vegie garden this year - about the only vegetables we've had to buy for months are onions, and fruit like mangoes, bananas and avocadoes that don't grow in this climate. Now we've got pumpkins, zucchini, cucumbers, tomatoes and spaghetti squash coming out of ears. Totally organic, not to mention they taste better than what you buy at the supermarket.

And eggs. We've got 4 chooks who live on scraps and free range, and we're always giving eggs away.

examinator: << their time must be almost up. :-( >>

Absolutely - it's Last Days for those poor buggers.

Let's have a drink for them too! Make mine a White Stag... doctor's orders :(
Posted by CJ Morgan, Friday, 19 March 2010 1:47:10 PM
CJ Morgan

How do you go about protecting chooks from foxes? Foxes are the size of Great Danes around here.

And you're right about not using back yards, and I probably could do better...

And I guess those are my thoughts right at this moment.
Posted by Severin, Friday, 19 March 2010 1:51:20 PM
Hi Severin - the chooks and ducks come in at night and are let out in the morning. A handful of grain brings 'em running. During the day my vicious golden retriever keeps potential predators at bay, at night I'll sometimes set a (non-injurious) trap if I think a fox, feral cat, or occasional quoll is about.

Now I have to go and do battle with the kikuyu and lovegrass that's also gone berserk while I was away. Another advantage of vegie gardens is that you put them where useless lawn used to be...
Posted by CJ Morgan, Friday, 19 March 2010 2:11:27 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy