The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Testosterone calms the savage female beast!

Testosterone calms the savage female beast!

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
The hormone produced primarily by males and blamed for all sorts of blokey things is not what it seems.

Scientists have found that far from producing aggressive behaviour, its effect is the opposite. It increases fairness!

Women given testosterone during a trial got into fewer arguments.

Researchers found a single dose of testosterone delivered to women caused a substantial increase in fair bargaining behaviour, thereby reducing conflicts and increasing the efficiency of social interactions.

[from today's Courier Mail]

----

Ahhh I get it. Rather than testosterone leading to aggressive behaviour in young males, it is actually scatter-brained and vindictive young women, which they are uncontrollably attracted to, that cause enormous frustraton in their male counterparts. This manifests itself in various forms of aggressive behaviour!!

Yep. That's what we need for a fairer world - testosterone supplements for all women! Not only made available, but to be taken compulsorily by law!

Just imagine..... big burley hairy-chested deep-voiced but fair-minded women!

Horrible?? Mmmm maybe. Or maybe it is a small price to pay to get women to actually become fair-minded?!?! ( :>0

http://www.newkerala.com/news/fullnews-7220.html

http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2009/12/08/tech-biology-testosterone-behaviour.html
Posted by Ludwig, Saturday, 12 December 2009 12:54:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ludwig
Apart from the fair minded bit I've met a few like that!
Ok the naughty corner (sigh) :-(

I read a version of this on my main general science site.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/12/091208132241.htm

Interesting too was the FDA warning.
http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2009/05/07/testosterone-gel-children-fda-warning.html

The take away message to me is that the hormonal reaction is more complex than popular thinking would seem to indicate.

No big surprise to me given my mantra has always been it's never as simple as people make out.

I'm intrigued how you come across the first site. I've bookmarked it for later researching, some of the topics on the home page sound ....well interesting.
Posted by examinator, Saturday, 12 December 2009 6:27:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Did you start hitting the hops early today, Ludwig?
Posted by CJ Morgan, Saturday, 12 December 2009 6:53:23 PM
Dear Ludwig,

There's an even better use for testosterone
then what you're recommending and it
will not only lift the mood of women, it will
not require them to have any additional
body waxing or hair removal.
(Bonus, all round)!

You can read all about it on the following

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8033218.stm
Male 'contraceptive jab' closer

It appears that a male contraceptive jab could
be as effective at preventing pregnancies as the
female pill or condoms. A monthly testosterone
injection works by temporarily blocking sperm
production and could revolution birth control.

Oh Joy! The onus taken off females and shared.
That would certainly guarantee many happy days!
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 12 December 2009 7:34:10 PM
"Researchers found a single dose of testosterone delivered to women caused a substantial increase in fair bargaining behaviour, thereby reducing conflicts and increasing the efficiency of social interactions."

Yes, but has there been any testing under real combat conditions, such as on the stampeding hordes at the post-Xmas sales, or on mothers whose gifted, talented children were not chosen for the school music camp?
Posted by Cornflower, Saturday, 12 December 2009 8:03:18 PM
*Women given testosterone during a trial got into fewer arguments.*

Ah Ludwig, that should make them a litte more horny and a little
less bitchy :)
Posted by Yabby, Saturday, 12 December 2009 8:07:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy