The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > what's your rant

what's your rant

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All
After the blinding success on my last topic on "are we breeding purebreds to death' for cosmetics and "what should we do"
Like the man said if you can't beat them join them.

Let's have a mindless, no topic to ignore, no sense, let's just get carried away with hyperbole, play games etc... that's right have a rant. Given the lack of topic then we can rightly avoid "the stick to the topic" and "no personal attacks" rules. And what's more no one can complain.
Hell, Let's start off with why should we follow rules, or be polite when we have a more important issue/games to play. "After all OLO is a graffiti wall on which I can write anything I want (regardless)".A quote
Posted by examinator, Saturday, 19 September 2009 11:08:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Examinator,

It sounds to me that you're a bit upset.

And, we're all entitled to that -once in a
while - to vent our spleens, so to speak.
That's why OLO is so moorish. You can say
what you think - and there's usually no
repercussions (- unless Graham finds you
wanting).

We've all been frustrated at times by some
of the responses we've received on our
threads. But as posters have reminded us -
in the past, and rightly so,
this is a public Forum afterall, and if all of the
discussions were well reasoned, balanced,
and "played by the rules,"
this would be an empty Forum. However, many
people have up and left the Forum - because sometimes
the personal attacks are a bit hard to take. I've
been very close to chucking it all in, several times.
Then, along comes someone like Piper - who's so
lively, humorous, and fun-loving, and makes us forget our
frustrations - and see them for what they are, - and we
lighten up.

Forgive me, if I've gone off on a tangent
on any of your threads
at times. It's often been - merely a response to what
someone else has said, sometimes it's simply a release.
We've all done it, - but it doesn't mean that we do it
on purpose, or to upset anyone. - It's often just a
reaction - not to be taken too seriously.

You of all people, should know by now - how much you're
respected, by the greater majority of posters on OLO.
Just think back to the time when we all thought you were
leaving OLO because of ill-health, and the way we all
pleaded for you to stay. That should make you feel a
bit better.

Cheer up - and keep smiling.

Big hug.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 19 September 2009 12:46:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
damm mmmm thats an interesting forbidden fruit...rant about anything i choose eh?...well i dont rant..ok i inform in a looose way..but..im posting to spread the info...currently not much of an adgenda...apart from...what i allready posted

curreently is the gmo vacine..all preggers woman and kids..will be compulsorilly be pumped with...known to be a poor remedy for the bird/pic/human lab made hybred...

released deliberatly so the media can beat up the fears...and chemical drug lords can clean up huge..and govt indemnify them for their adverse affect..for a poorly made compounded/colluded/treasonous..man made..virus recombination...

that may or may not be..one of the many media destractions..while other adgendas get sorted..[compulsory tax..on all people buy and sell globally..via a govt created carbon credit gifted to big business buddies...

that will be annually gifted to big busnessess..[like al gore's...that trades in an ever reducing...capped..carbon security/credit...traded up to the max pricing..the market..we mugs..will pay

of course there is capitalists spending capital to get their new tax directly from the mugs/people..while govt supports perverts that despoil our children while were trying simply to survive the ursury..

payable on the money..we created..via our obligation to pay..that has been securitised..like the carbon credits will be..to fill our compulsory pensions..with worthless paper..that..everyone got commision on..[except us]

while the bankers use their extra credits to prop up an obsolete system[capitalist...that only survives seemingly via govt handouts..but i dont want to rave...[on..because this is a rant post..not a rave...

besides im only venting...thats why im leaning..seemingly to the left...to release the foul airs...now that rude noise that gives comfort to some...and makes others yell..who faaaarted...

when the times are troubled its never your fault...lets blame it on them overpopulated imagrants..or kids being kids...but lets call govt betrayal...treason...

ahhh that feels better...[tightens his belt]..like that downer..with his joke..the things that batter...its hard to act for a thing..its far easier to react against an unkown..or poorly known..or feared
Posted by one under god, Saturday, 19 September 2009 2:09:45 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Honest, examinator, I had no idea that they were using the ground-up bodies of pure-bred animals that had been put to stud so often that it killed them, in the making of cosmetics. No wonder there were over 100 posts with this news bursting upon the scene the way it did.

It was hard for me to get my mind around the idea of the smile on the face of a dog becoming thus transfered in due course to the lips of some attractive lady. I was so taken aback by learning that this might have been happening that I never posted on the topic.

Sorry if I was thereby rude to anybody. Or baited anydoggy. Sorry, sorry, sorry.
Posted by Forrest Gumpp, Saturday, 19 September 2009 2:24:52 PM
Snap shots:

“daddy daddy daddy” child has burst through the door after an unsupervised visit with father, she is three and pulling down her pants, tears rolling down her face and pointing to her vagina. I ring caseworker and while ignored I am told that soon the child is to have overnight visits.

“my mum puts needles in her arm” (girl 7)

“I get scared when mum locks me in the cupboard when she goes out” (boy 5)

“my dad poohed on my toys then he poohed on me” (boy 4)

“when dad threw me into the drawers it hurt my arm” (boy 4)

“mum went to sleep on the footpath” (boy 4)

“I wanted an abortion when I was 13” (girl 15)

“mum hits me with the vacuum cleaner pipe” (boy 14)

“he (step-dad) punched me in the balls” (boy 12)

“mostly nana hits me in the head” (boy 6)

“if I am good can I go home?” (girl 6)

“I want to go home but Julie wont let me” (girl 4)

“dad beat up mum and got blood on the wall but I cleaned it” (girl 5)

“please keep me I’m scared at home” (boy 5)

“uncle threw me through the window” (girl 7)

“I want to be a pole dancer when I grow up” (girl 14)

Children that wet themselves if you approach them too quickly, children that pooh themselves and they don’t know why, children who hide food, under-eat over-eat, play with their pooh and throw it everywhere, sexually predatory children, and some who lash out while others cower.

These things aren’t shared casually, small shattered souls, scared and defenseless and to see them further abused and caused even more hurt after being placed in care gets to me sometimes. So now and again I get cross or the humor becomes too sharp. I don’t often have a grown up at home I can bleat at and I don’t mean to be annoying or wound.

I just often forget that adults have feelings. And I have never been good at editing myself. Sorry.

Cheers Exam,

Oops350,ThankYouFoxy,KissesForOUG,AndAllOfTheOLOCrew.
Posted by The Pied Piper, Saturday, 19 September 2009 3:16:27 PM
Ranting- I like that word examinator! Good choice for a topic.
I could rant about alot of topics, but I always feel more like answering or commenting on previous ranters!

Oneundergod, having cared for many people with terrible complications from preventable diseases such as TB, whooping cough, measles, mumps and chicken pox, I say more power to the drug companies that first came up with vaccinations for many diseases and viruses in the past.

I don't care how much money they make, because if it saves even one life, or prevents a lifetime of disability or suffering, it will have been worth it.
There has already been plenty of deaths linked to this latest virus, and my nursing friends have told me about them, not the media!

Pied Piper, you can 'bleat' any time you like on these pages because that is what they are for after all!
I wouldn't have your job for all the tea in china. How very sad to hear those words from children, and feel so helpless to not always be able to do something to help.
Thank God there are people around in your line of work who do try to help the kids. Good luck to you.

Cheers, Sue.
Posted by suzeonline, Saturday, 19 September 2009 5:15:34 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy