The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Internet Fraud

Internet Fraud

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
August 2009: SCAMwatch is warning Australians to be on the lookout for a new chain letter scam seeking to take advantage of the current economic climate.
http://www.scamwatch.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/693900

Report online fraud
Are You The Victim Of Online Auction Fraud?
If you are a victim of online fraud you should report it to your local police,
http://www.ahtcc.gov.au/tech_crimes_types/fraud.htm

FBI
Avoiding Internet Auction Fraud
Avoiding Non-Delivery of Merchandise
Avoiding Credit Card Fraud
Avoiding Investment Fraud
Avoiding Business Fraud
http://www.fbi.gov/majcases/fraud/internetschemes.htm

Animal lovers across the Tasman are being duped by internet scammers who promise to deliver cute puppies to their homes.
Prospective puppy owners have paid for the animals via money transfer on the internet, NSW Fair Trading minister Linda Burney says,
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/australia/news/article.cfm?l_id=15&objectid=10587844

Internet fraud,
10 Internet Scams
1. Fake Check Scams 29%
2. General Merchandise 23%
3. Auctions* 13%
4. Nigerian Money Offers 11%
5. Lotteries/Lottery Clubs 7%
6. Advance Fee Loans 3%
7. Prizes/Sweepstakes 3%
8. Phishing 3%
9. Friendship and Sweetheart Swindles 1%
10. Internet Access Services 1%
http://www.fraud.org/

Antonios Symeonakis
Adelaide
Posted by ASymeonakis, Saturday, 15 August 2009 1:40:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fresh dangerous emails!
Both of the following email senders are Internet crooks who want my bank account and my credic card number!
NONE BANK ASKS FOR THIS KIND OF INFORMATION ONLINE!

Microsoft Award 2009 8207;
From: © Microsoft Corporation (micro-softcorp@live.co.uk)
Sent: Saturday, 15 August 2009 6:14:07 AM
Microsoft Award 2009
Reference no: micro209-2
Batch: GB-16DZ65UTYJG
Dear Microsoft User,
This Email is to notify you that you have emerged a winner of
the sum of $550,000.00 USD (Five Hundered & Fifty ThousandUnited State Dollars) in the Microsoft yearly giveaway.
We do this every year to encourage prospective internet/microsoft
users world wide.
You are advised to send your Full Names , Tel and Location
to our Fund Release Officer for claims.

HELLO
AFTER A STUDIED LOOK AND PROPER SCRUTINY ON YOUR PAYMENT FILE,WE DISCOVERED THAT THE RECORD HAS
IT ON GOOD NOTE THAT AS A RESULT OF DELAY IN CLAIMING YOUR FUND AND TO AVERT POSSIBLE SEIZURE BY
RESPECTIVE BRITISH GOVERNMENT FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS SURVEILLANCE AGENCIES, YOUR FUND WAS MOVED
TO THE JP MORGAN CHASE BANK, NEW YORK IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA BEING AN AFFILIATE BANK TO
THE CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA THAT INSTANTIATED THE TRANSFER FOR ON-WARD REMITTANCE TO YOUR
NOMINATED ACCOUNT. THE INSTRUCTION WAS CARRIED OUT BASED ON AN ORDER BY THE NIGERIAN
GOVERNMENT.(PRESIDENCY).
FOR CONFIRMATIONS AND YOUR PERUSAL, YOU CAN CALL FEDERAL RESERVE(SKYE BANK)ON THEIR CUSTOMER
ON-LINE ACCOUNT VERIFICATION UNIT NUMBER; + 234 7066420344 OR THE U.K HEAD OFFICE +447024092651.
YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE GIVEN TO YOU FOR CONFIRMATIONS TO PROVE YOUR CLAIM.
THE FEDERAL RESERVE BANK WHEN CONTACTED, CONFIRMED FUND IS IN A SPECIAL ACCOUNT OF YOURS BUT
PRESENTLY ON-HOLD PENDING PROVISION OF ALL PERSONAL DATA INCLUDING THE BANKING DETAILS FOR
CONFIRMATION,
INFORMATION NEEDED FOR CONFIRMATION

Full name:
Address:
Tel:
Bank Address
Account Number

Routing Number
Swift Code
sex

WE WILL WANT YOU TO EMAIL THE INFORMATION TO THE BELOW ADDRESS.
MR ERIC ANDERSON
Posted by ASymeonakis, Saturday, 15 August 2009 2:55:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hello Antonios, generally speaking internet scammers are very easy to detect. Anyone offering a lottery win, massive prizes, free loans and yes, even a bigger penis, is certainly a fraudster. How anyone could fall for it is beyond me. Anyone via email asking for your personal information is almost always a fraudster; the genuine people will usually identify you FIRST (with information you know that's already been given to them by you in past dealings) and then ask for whatever info they need. Most fraud attempts are not sophisticated. It's the sophisticated ones that you need to keep a real eye on, and there's not too many of them that fit this category. I think that some people are just terribly gullible and fall easy prey to many of the unsophisticated web frauds.
Posted by MaryE, Saturday, 15 August 2009 3:36:29 PM
Do you buy from eBay actions etc? I have bought too.. The folling is mine!
antonios7529 ( 689 )
Positive feedback rating Positive 1 30 98
Neutral feedback rating Neutral 0 0 0
Negative feedback rating Negative 0 0 0
http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=antonios7529&ftab=AllFeedback
antonios7529 ( 689 )is ME!
In realy I bought thousands of products on ebau but because I have done not feedback, for long time now, the sellers do not feedback to me and it is seems that I bought on ebay Only 689 times.
I know how the system works! BE CAREFULL LEARN HOW TO PROTECT YOUR MONEY OR AT LEAST HOW TO TAKE THEM BACK! , There are some usefull tricks!
I was reseller of internet domain names and Web host servers and I know how the system works, be carfull!
I spend plenty time studying how web directories and web search engines work, how to optimize web sites and I did in the past with succes. Be carefull!
Let's see how internet crooks work and how to avoid them!
Antonios Symeonakis
Adelaide
Posted by ASymeonakis, Saturday, 15 August 2009 3:46:32 PM
MaryE
Did you buy online from ebay? what will hapen if the seller says you do not worry, you trust him and pasts the time to claim your money from paypal or open dispute on ebay ? Did you lose your money?
Did you try to report a fraud on ebay to police? They want the state of the seller, the ebay give you links for the police but not the state of the seller. How to report the fraud to police?
What will hapen if you lose your password of your web host and change email address ? how can you update your website, how to change host, how to stop paying for a website you do not need?
Did you ever ask the bank to stop paying a host for a website you do not use? I asked them and the bank said me we can not stop, we do not control the credit cards!
"Do you mean I will pay them in the rest of my life for NONE services because in the past I authorised them to withdraw money from my credit card?" They asked me for new mastercard with different number. I stoped to pay for web host but I found they modified and used my web site!
I mean many times we think we control our accounts, we know what we buy online and we found that we can not cansel the payments or we receive a hamer instead of a flash drive!
Antonios Symeonakis
Adelaide
Posted by ASymeonakis, Saturday, 15 August 2009 4:28:22 PM
I doubt I will get trapped by a fraud, I just do not use on line banking or buy on line.
Rarely, only the most trusted get my direct debit numbers.
e bay? no way seen a car sold for twice what it was bought for 6 years ago, it was not worth a cent.
I however am sick of e mail spam, get every bank in history wanting my details, 40 offers of a better sex life a day, and it is about time prison sentences got big and often to the senders.
Some of us can not change e mail addresses, we could find Friends lost touch maybe forever.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 15 August 2009 4:43:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy