The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Who is responsible for committing fraud in remote indigenous communities?

Who is responsible for committing fraud in remote indigenous communities?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
I am required to write an article regarding this Title. I have some areas I really wish to canvas with those who are interested in responding. However I wish to say this.. If you intend responding to my discussion, I would really appreciate it if you can state your expertise and exposure to acts of Fraud occurring in Indigenous Communities. If your points are valid, I will formally acknowledge your credentials in my article. I have until the end of September 2009 to write it.

1. Who is responsible for administering Commonwealth Funds paid to Indigenous Communities?

2. What roles do Chief Executive Officers have in managing funds?

3. Why does fraud occur in these communities?

4. How can we (tax payers) prevent fraud in indigenous communities?
Posted by banlew, Sunday, 24 May 2009 10:21:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Criminals ?

Help if you provide links so people can read some more so as to convince them you are legitimate, with email addresses to contact you.

1. Who is responsible for administering Commonwealth Funds paid to Indigenous Communities?

Organizations receiving funds are required to sign agreements committing them to abide by the funding authorities terms and conditions.

Various departments monitor their own departmental grants, they are monitored by the Auditor-General for Commonwealth, state or territory.

All people and organizations are required to abide by usual legal terms and conditions, right through their chain of command.

Comment:
IMHO contributing largely to our problems was creation of class or corporations labeled "Aboriginal", this complicated things far more than just using existing corporate structures like partnerships, shareholders, associations, often providing excuses to ignore the legal requirements.

Politicians and government departments protecting their ministers are guilty of promoting this environment, so many our current problems the result of their protecting themselves, preventing or severely limiting accountability AND full and open public discussion of these problems.

Posted by polpak, Monday, 25 May 2009 9:56:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Isn't it good that you can ask people to write your homework for you?

The right way is to do some work yourself, share it with us with links so we can see where its going and where it came from, and we will share knowledge with you if we have it.

So what can you share with us so far?
Posted by ChrisPer, Monday, 25 May 2009 3:14:56 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
banlew, what is he basis for the claim that fraud has been committed? by whom and is this exlusively financial fraud?
Posted by spindoc, Monday, 25 May 2009 5:51:05 PM
There are a number of programs administered by various departments including Departments of Families, Community Services, Housing and Indigenous Affairs; Employment and Workplace Relations; Attorney-General's Department; Centrelink; Health and Ageing.

This depends on whether it relates to employment, legal, health or community services. There will be more information on each department's websites - just look for grants funding or programs related to Indigenous Affairs.

Most departments have an administrative oversight or investigative wing for auditing and governance purposes in the areas of grants funding.
Posted by pelican, Monday, 25 May 2009 6:34:05 PM
banlew: << I am required to write an article regarding this Title... I have until the end of September 2009 to write it. >>

I think that this is a bit suss. If I was privy to any such potentially incriminating information, before providing it I'd like to know who banlew is, why s/he is "required" to write an article of this nature, who it is for, and why the deadline isn't until September.

Strange way to conduct serious research, if you ask me.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Monday, 25 May 2009 8:12:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy