The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What's in an opinion?

What's in an opinion?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Opinions are like belly buttons, we all have one. But have you ever stopped and wondered what they're about?

Now belly buttons do nothing but take up space. Unfortunately, some opinions do too. But what also happens when we express is that we share ourselves with others. So when I write I try to say it clearly and politely.

I've noticed that Online Opinion is a bit of a boy's club. GROW UP!

Now that said, let's get back to the job at hand which is sharing. So if you have something useful or beneficial to say, say it. And if not, don't.
Posted by Haralambos, Thursday, 19 June 2008 1:06:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Haralambos,

The problem is that we all like to be listened to, admired, and have our opinions validated by others. It's a human trait. There's also subjects that we feel strongly about - like politics, sport, religion,
various causes, these can cause emotions to run high.

And, when we're criticized, belittled, abased, and our opinions are devalued - that sparks begin to fly.

But on the other side of the coin - how dull and boring would it be if we all agreed - especially on a Forum such as this.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 19 June 2008 4:31:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Haralambos

'I've noticed that Online Opinion is a bit of a boy's club. GROW UP! ' If it was a girls club you would not be able to put a limit on the words or the number of posts. The male would also rarely have the last say! Now that is unfair and sexist!
Posted by runner, Thursday, 19 June 2008 4:44:23 PM
OH god an opinion piece about opinion,

There is nothing wrong about opinions
the only thing wrong is when ones opinion rates higher than anothers , or the domineeering opinion seeks silence any discent

Yes there is a boys club [because some people are threatend by opinions that vary from their own] ,
that lobby groups become a pack [a boys club] of which you make note orv worse paid lobby or comercial blogging ,where one is paid to keep their own opinions up [while destracting or rebutting other differeing opinions].

It would be petty to name names , because many with firm and hard opinions usually use more that one id ,
or they are trying to look like the topic has much intrest but its just one bigot or spin meister playing their games.

I didnt think an opinion piece on opinions would raise this much reply,out of me but as i have been attacked and banned from many forums by being the duifferent [solo] voice of discent, i think we know a good piece if it has many divergent opinions.

Sadly i have an opinion on many topics ,thus allways feel stired to take an opposing stance [just to rebut for the sake of balance ] or other ego reason [i havnt bothered to test which].

Generally i hate opinions [as much as blind belief] ,i feel our beliefs must be able to be explained and reasonably be defendable with fact and logic
, personally i try to put up my opinion only if i feel it might help in some small way to expand the knowledge base [or lack of knowledge any ones opinion is biased upon.

Well thats my opinion
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 19 June 2008 9:24:18 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"I've noticed that Online Opinion is a bit of a boy's club. GROW UP!"

That is something you had no real need to share with anyone.

I suggest if you cannot handle the heat, don't hang around the kitchen

or maybe the BBQ if we are being precise about the "Boys".
Posted by Col Rouge, Thursday, 19 June 2008 11:37:49 PM
Haralambos,

I know where you're coming from after the domestic slaves and birthing machines topic, and I haven't seen much improvement in your topics since.

If you decide the general reaction to your opinions somehow illustrates a 'Mans Club', then maybe you would be better suited to a feminist forum where you will be supported and agreed with in your hatred of all things male, and your belief that the world isn't fair and we are all just drones controlled by capitalism and the patriarchy.
Posted by Usual Suspect, Friday, 20 June 2008 9:08:24 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy