The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The Ethics Council: some inconvenient truths? > Comments

The Ethics Council: some inconvenient truths? : Comments

By Stephen Hagan, published 25/1/2010

The Indigenous representative body, the Ethics Council, should be 'a new dawn', but instead seems reminiscent of ATSIC’s final days.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
It is with some trepidation I observe these considerations described, comparative of the potential vision this initiative demonstrates.

From the perspective of scientific management, its potential is benchmarked by its corresponding potential for progressive and advanced management prospect, of which there may be no doubt.

Further, its potential for provision of support to the rigour of application of such science, that may avoid serious disruption such as those contingencies that delivered the GFC, are clearly evident. For 'The Board,' as accepted doyen of professional integrity within entities, and as oversighted by official regulation, may be observed still, seriously wanting and compromised as benchmarked to practice that delivered the aberration of the GFC.

As risk management contingency then, this initiative is soundly based, however its optimum value may be observed in the opportunities it opens and reveals for advanced management prospect. For example, in a current and foreseeable global economy, where according to the excessive requirements for remedy of the GFC, as now underpinned by reliable expenditure multiplier factoring, the western economy is apparent as declining to those rising economies of the east, for an indeterminate period.

Such decline is entirely consistent with scientific management case studies of excessive behaviour and mismanagement, particularly where such mismanagemnt is heralded by a dysfunctional arrogance that disables the perpetrator from 'seeing the forest for the trees,' a classic colonial and imperious dysfunction.

According to such observation, the potential for prospect of such initiative as this, to be mismanaged and deprecated according to the irrationale of that failure that delivered the GFC, is palpable i.e. political expedience, economic 'irrationalism,' and at its source, neo colonial attitudes, as opposed to prospective leadership that Australia may demonstrate in forging a progressive global dynamic within our era, as universal.

For the advasntage, opportunity, and prospect for any entity, provisioned with such an arm as supported by management rigour, to both, articulate threats to it from aberrant or irrational, consideration or policy, and alternatively, promote further prospective incentive, is fundamental to the science of management, and leadership, as universal.
Posted by Ngarmada, Monday, 25 January 2010 6:33:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Al Gore powerful exposé forced people to acknowledge climate change and confront their denial over its very existence."

So far the only proven effect of AGW is to destroy grammar.
Posted by Jon J, Monday, 25 January 2010 9:07:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Tom Calma's ethics committee is an excellent candidate for precursor to the
Governors-General presiding over the cabinet of the women's legislature
and the men's legislature of the parliament of an equal rights republic.

Stephen Hagan raises concerns Governors-General would need to consider.
Posted by whistler, Wednesday, 27 January 2010 12:34:50 AM
I respect the structure of any language Jon J, however as I personally descend from bicultural parentage and heritage, I am also acutely aware that confluent to such regard, is the focus of listening to what the person is actually saying and sharing. It is the purpose of language, and a component of this feature fundamental to formulation of original thought, associated with the value of vision. I can quote Einstein, so what?
Posted by Ngarmada, Wednesday, 27 January 2010 10:27:57 PM
Ngarmada
You may be bicultural, bilingual, bipolar or bisexual for all I care, but your postings are complete gibberish.
Posted by blairbar, Thursday, 28 January 2010 10:03:08 PM
Thanks, Blairbar.
Posted by Loudmouth, Saturday, 30 January 2010 11:10:43 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy