The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > How blogging can be a public service > Comments

How blogging can be a public service : Comments

By Nicholas Gruen, published 4/1/2010

The National Library has hoisted its collection on the net and had them digitised by computers.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Some good points Nicholas. I remember watching a documentary about 'Google Time'. It is a great idea which has effectively contributed to innovation and creativity within Google not to mention a highly satisfied workforce.

I could see it possibly working in government as long as there was sufficient time allocated for a similar type of 'Google Time'. I wonder how the ideas would be assessed and if the Ministers would be accessible to public servants (no matter their level).

As far as volunteers in government go I am less convinced. They already exist in the form of lobbyists and consultants. Vested interests may put the kybosh on that one.
Posted by pelican, Monday, 4 January 2010 11:54:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
An excellent article Nicholas. Congratulations also on your Government 2.0 Taskforce Report which sets out a fantastic use of the web for governments to engage with citizens.
Posted by Quick response, Monday, 4 January 2010 3:23:14 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy