The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Attempting ‘humour’ > Comments

Attempting ‘humour’ : Comments

By Jenny Ejlak, published 29/10/2009

The spate of controversial media stunts seems to have died down, but has anyone learnt from these experiences?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Swipes at ethnic minorities were a problem when they were all too common, but this hasn't been the case for quite some time. Similarly, it is hard to argue that women get picked on too often. Constant portrayals of them as victims by the media is a much bigger problem for both genders.
Posted by benk, Thursday, 29 October 2009 3:18:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I had a laugh at the triteness and frivolousness of this article. Is that enough?
Posted by Cornflower, Thursday, 29 October 2009 6:05:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rubbish.

I big influence in comedy that is made to 'shock' is a perfectly valid backlash against the prevalence of ridiculous PC censorship these days. It's a freeing from the constrains about even talking about subjects designated 'untouchable'. Everyone is fair game. Nobody should be untouchable.

The attitudes expressed here amount to nothing more than a patronising attempt to exclude any less fortunate/powerful from society. Or an exercise in reverse snobbery.

What a bizarre world where we're to segregate people as 'special' and 'fair game'. I bet you are a youngest child.

Now, I'm off to eat a Creole biscuit.
Posted by Houellebecq, Friday, 30 October 2009 8:26:56 AM
Mmmmm Creoles.

This is piss funny...

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,26280538-5007146,00.html
Posted by Houellebecq, Friday, 30 October 2009 2:17:32 PM
Isn't it funny that so many people in this country keep insisting that it is their 'right' to insult and degrade ethnic minorities, victims of crime, people with disabilities and anyone else who can't fight back. Anyone who disagrees with them is labelled 'PC'. Then we all wonder why the rest of the world thinks Australians are a bunch of racist louts. I guess the joke is on all of us.

Nice article Jenny.
Posted by stew, Friday, 30 October 2009 5:42:53 PM
Hey try one of these Creole biscuits. They're really tasty!
Posted by Houellebecq, Monday, 2 November 2009 7:44:22 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy