The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Meet the Nanny Spider: it wants to wrap you up in little rules and eat your life > Comments

Meet the Nanny Spider: it wants to wrap you up in little rules and eat your life : Comments

By Chris Berg, published 15/10/2009

Ignorance of the law is no excuse. So here's a bunch of things you can't do without council approval.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Too right.

The same strangulation of voluntary interaction and productive activity is happening in every field of life in Australia.

The old English Whigs had the right idea. Between 1750 and 1850 they went through the statute books from 1215. Any law that bore against the liberty of the subject, they simply repealed and replaced with nothing, thus getting rid of 80 percent of English statute law, the encrustations of busy-bodies past, and good riddance.

That's what Australia needs.
Posted by Peter Hume, Thursday, 15 October 2009 11:37:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Council regulations are there to protect your neighbours.
Where would we be without regs.
People sometimes need to be protected against them selves.
If you not appy go to vecat.
Posted by Desmond, Thursday, 15 October 2009 12:21:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hear hear!

My partner and her friend have this kind of child minding arrangement. I think the law only applies in the UK at the moment thank Allah.

I also put a 2 ft extension on my fence the other day without consulting the council! I figure my neighbour and I both wanted it, we were the only ones who can see it, so what business is it of the council. I'm sure many people do the same thing. The problem is, people who attempt to 'do the right thing' no doubt have to fill out endless forms, wait for months on end and pay all sorts of fees, and risk some nosy pedantic bureaucrat interfering. I saved the rate payers some money hopefully.

You could decrease taxes massively by turfing out all the fools making and enforcing all these stupid regulations. Most of them are unenforceable 95% of the time, but we still have to have someone ready to answer the call whenever some pedant wants to complain.

What we also need is next time someone is before a judge, and claiming compensation because they tripped over at the lemonade stand, for the judge to say... 'F$ck off you idiot before I charge you for wasting my time.'. Preferably in an Alf Stewart kind of voice. Flamin' Gallahs. That's the kind of attitude we need more of in this world.

'Between 1750 and 1850 they went through the statute books from 1215. Any law that bore against the liberty of the subject, they simply repealed and replaced with nothing, thus getting rid of 80 percent of English statute law, the encrustations of busy-bodies past, and good riddance.'

Cool! That's the spirit. I saw a sign in a public park the other day, banning just about any thing you could possibly think of doing in a public space besides walking and running.

Now where's ban-aminator!
Posted by Houellebecq, Thursday, 15 October 2009 12:40:46 PM
living here in northern Mindanao, in a suburb whose housing association collapsed 19 yrs ago due to 'malversation', it would be really neat to have a nanny council keep some of the locals from burning dead dogs with the rubbish on the verges of roads, to have some footpaths so kids don't play in the traffic, so potholes can be filled occasionally, and kagawads to patrol the streets to stop the neighbours from getting mugged. And noise pollution - people love their karaoke and everybody else had better get used to it!

But at least the garbage gets picked up most of the time and the drains work - except in floods - but this is as near to a state of pure anarchy and a failed state as one can get! But maybe the best solution is something in between.
Posted by SHRODE, Thursday, 15 October 2009 3:10:45 PM
the local council has civil powers
this means..their power comes via your application...to fall under the act...see councils arnt under the con-stitution,,,directly...thats the clever thing about their defacto power..their power comes via statutes and acts...acts are only applicable to servants...seeking to use the powers of the act

..but because we begged to build...under the act...[of public servant...we thus fall subject[under] their statuted acts...its all via trickery...apply means beg...they only got civil powers under their act...their act is for them

govt truelly dosnt have the powers they abuse...its the bulllshhhhit of their excess that endanger us all...teqniclly..if you dont apply to fall under the act...it can have no power over you...but were too dumbed down...to question[que warrento../by what right]...and under law...our silence gives concent

thats what silence means
thats why they read our miranda/rights...lol...our silence is their concent...dont accept...question...but i might as well be talking about anything not one cares about the cure/remedy...simply speaking dont take oath...like said in the bible[matthew 533-37...matt 23;16-25]

and signing ....[lol..this declaration...intended for public servany use only..is a written oath...anywonder athiesm is on the moo-ve..get god out of the piicture..and you looose the guidence/wisdom...

the crock..of the forms of the servant...heed the warning..of not taking oath...satans servants/...not alone driven by demons..work the public service/demon-autocracy...

as their own fruits reveal/..by their fruits..[good/bad]...you know the tree is crook...grok?
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 15 October 2009 5:09:08 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Up here in the tropics we have marine stingers. We warn about it so much that people actually do not come here and go elsewhere instead. Then they get stung by a marine stinger in another tropical country and they complain they were not told and demand other countries put up signs warnings and general step by step instructions on what can be damaging to their health. No personal responsibilty or common sense. Go into a wildlife area usually means it may contain some critter or another.

Also think housing/architecture may have become as boring as it is due to so many rules and building regulations. We are becoming bland robots that need our software updated on a regular basis to protect against the latest virus.
Posted by TheMissus, Sunday, 18 October 2009 7:41:48 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy