The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Hillary’s frustration > Comments

Hillary’s frustration : Comments

By Ciaran Ryan, published 19/8/2009

Hillary Clinton’s inner rage at having to play second fiddle to Obama and her husband was revealed in a recent outburst.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
"Hillary’s inner rage.."? you have got to be kidding. if you actually watch the video it's obvious that the whole things a complete and utter beat up. she looks mildly annoyed, no more (or less) annoyed than any other politician asked a stupid question (be the question an error or intentional). her response is also mildly amusing, in no way "rage".

silly article, no substance at all. nice try, no banana.
Posted by E.Sykes, Wednesday, 19 August 2009 9:11:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'Her public mask had slipped and revealed Hillary’s inner rage at having to play second fiddle, both to Obama, and to her husband Bill...'

Inner rage? What utter sexist rubbish!

The issue was plain and simple. She had been asked a question that dripped and reeked of sexism. This is the actual wording of the question, which the author of this essay deemed too unimportant to include:

'Mrs Clinton, we’ve all heard about the Chinese contracts in this country, the interference from the world bank against this contract ….What does Mr Clinton think through the mouth of Mrs Clinton and what does Mr Obama think on this situation?'

'Through the mouth' of Mrs Clinton!

I am no fan of 'Mrs' Clinton's politics, but I am with her 150% in the strong, assertive rebuke she gave to the journalist who asked for the use of her disembodied mouth to act as a conduit for the opinions of her husband and her male boss, but without any requirement to give her own.

Like the media's portrayal of the incident as an 'outburst' or that 'Hillary snapped', the author's attempt to pitch this incident as a slippage of her 'inner rage' at not winning the presidency shows an ignorance of how insidiously sexism against women operates - an ignorance that is not only unacceptable, it is beyond belief.
Posted by SJF, Wednesday, 19 August 2009 9:37:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I thought it was a restrained reminder that Hillary Clinton is Secretary of State and she does not have to ask her husband what to do.
When will the human race get over making judgements about what some else thinks, feels, believes or what their motivation is. In the same situation I think my response would have been somewhat stronger. A totally rubbish article.
Posted by Daviy, Wednesday, 19 August 2009 10:11:50 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I disagree with the previous comments. I think the author has it right about Hillary's broader concerns about her status. The African interview is indicative.

It must grate on Hillary's nerves (as the author says) that when the tough gets going Obama directly invites others like her husband, in North Korea, to fix things.

Hillary would be mindful that her predecessor was Condi Rice who was little more than a composite minority/mouthpiece/show pony (admittedly also a self interested oil crony).

Hillary knows she will never be a powerful Kissinger, on the Secretary of State scale, but she doesn't want to slide down to Condi's Press Release On Legs status either.

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Wednesday, 19 August 2009 11:21:26 AM
I'll bet Sarah Palin would have handled that one better, we got the wrong person in the job!
Posted by odo, Wednesday, 19 August 2009 1:04:54 PM
It really didn't matter which one of them got the gig, the US was going to have a lousy, incompetent president.

This way it got a lousy incompetemt secretary of state, too.

Lets hope that god will save America, its present administration have no idea of how to do it.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 19 August 2009 2:21:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy