The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Racist attacks raise fears for Indigenous teens > Comments

Racist attacks raise fears for Indigenous teens : Comments

By Stephen Hagan, published 5/8/2009

An Indigenous teenager becomes another statistic of a race-based assault.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
A truly dreadful incident. But Stephen attacks by white gangs on non-whites, Aboriginal gangs on whites and Islanders, Islander gangs on whites and Aboriginals are unfortunately common in South East Qld and I suspect elsewhere. All one can do is to be vigilant.
Posted by blairbar, Wednesday, 5 August 2009 12:08:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Very sad news, but it's just another reason why the Christian church needs to become more involved in the public sphere. If all ethnic groups were united by a strong belief in Christ, these attacks would disappear. Fourty years of government programs aimed at increasing tolerance, equality and diversity have failed - it's now time to look for other ways to unite the Australian community, and that's obviously going to be through one common belief system. God Bless.
Posted by TRUTHNOW78, Wednesday, 5 August 2009 2:14:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
That is a very sad story. Nearly as sad as when up to 20 Aborigines surrounded and beat to death a white man with his cricket bat last year in Western Australia. He was enjoying a game of cricket with his family when the group of Aborigines decided to start stealing their drinks. The family asked them to stop but they would not. Eventually more Aboriginals turned up and started beating the family and ended up killing the father. Unfortunately because of our politically correct media this went mostly unreported or was simply reported as a group of youths, never mentioning that they were all Aboriginals. Aborigines seem to think they have a right to beat up other people. My wife was recently assaulted by a group of Abriginals in the supermarket and then they ended up stealing her purse while others were distracting her. This was in suburban Adelaide. If people want to find out more about the story above you could google it, it occurred in Geraldton on Christmas day 2007 and the mans name was Rowe. Just imagine the outcry in the media if the colour of the the two groups involved had been reversed.
Posted by ozzie, Wednesday, 5 August 2009 5:45:21 PM
Unfortunately Stephen the comments already here echo my thoughts on the subject.
I wish Woonun a speedy recovery and deplore the horrific act of violence done upon him. It is something that no-one should have to experience and I wish that neither your children or mine will even have to deal with this type of thing. Unfortunately for our society it is far from an isolated incident and is noteworthy more for the racial origins of victim and perpetrator than anything else.
In my experience the abuse is more often perpetrated by Aboriginals against whites. My wife remembers getting picked on by local Aboriginal girls as a child. I also remember being involved in one unprovoked incident as a kid.
Stephen, I applaud the standards you have set for your family and look forward to the day when all of our children - black and white - will be raised in homes where they are loved, cherished, taught and learn how to become responsible and well adjusted adults. Until that day all parents simply try to do the best they can with the ones that have been entrusted to them and hope that their loved ones will be safe.
Posted by J S Mill, Wednesday, 5 August 2009 5:57:39 PM
Truthnow78.. you must be kidding? In Toowoomba, the combined Pentecostal/Charismatic cults share a 'healing room' within which their 'pastors' do their voodoo thang. Please labour your way through the scary gibberish in the PDF file below to the story from September 2008 titled 'the preacher who was too tired to preach'.. then tell me how this demonstrates Christ's lurv for the true owners of this big island..

http://www.australiansecularlobby.com/ToowoombaPentecostalHealingRoom.pdf

If I were you T78.. I'd go out first thing tomorrow and convert to The Dreaming.. that's real spirituality.
Posted by DeepNortherner, Wednesday, 5 August 2009 5:57:48 PM
Violent white supremacists gangs are deplorable and should be dealt with harshly by our law. I hope and pray that Woonun recovers fully. Aboriginal gangs in Western Australia are common and extremely violent as has already been stated by the above posters. I have seen the affects first hand many times over. Most involved in these gangs have not got loving responsible parents like you and your wife seem to be Stephen. Often the gang members are very young and have no contact with dad who is in prison or drunk. NO easy answers.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 5 August 2009 6:31:31 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy