The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Pakistan: the Black Gold Silk Road > Comments

Pakistan: the Black Gold Silk Road : Comments

By Reuben Brand, published 13/5/2009

So what does Pakistan have that the US so desperately wants? Nuclear weapons, a gas route and Osama bin Laden.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Great article Reuben although it has left me wanting to know a few more pieces of info that I didn't gather from your article.

Firstly, where is the pipeline expected to end? You mention the possibility of it heading straight into China but then you also quote ul Islam as saying that it will head down to Gawadar where it will be presumably shipped off to international markets. Is this the same pipeline?

Secondly, when is the pipeline expected to be completed?

Thirdly, the pipeline hardly seems like a good return on investment to me if it is solely the construction contract an American company is winning. There has to be more to it to warrant such expenditure in such a volatile part of the world. Is the US planning to steal or else buy very cheap oil/gas as well? Where from? Off Iran? If so, what are the political ramifications for this?

Many thanks for clarifying these points for me if you have time...

Teifi
Posted by TeifiC, Thursday, 14 May 2009 4:25:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy