The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The power of hatred > Comments

The power of hatred : Comments

By David Knoll, published 7/4/2009

Should freedom of expression include the licence to offend when this is a free pass to vilification, intimidation and bullying.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. All
Antiseptic: The education department guidelines are clear as a bell - the DP's job is NOT to judge whether a claim is valid or not; but to notify people who have the authority to assess that.

I've already explained that research also shows that perpetrators of sexual assault of children routinely cast their targets and their associates as unreliable and problematic so undermining their credibility.

Experts that know these things are called in to investigate the claim and only the claim. Obviously YOU and like minded people would misjudge the situation, because of preexisting biases and ignorance.

As to the rest of your speculations; they are just that - speculative. Nobody wants to or should have to go through a costly, lengthy court process to regain what has been taken from them.

Ginx - I think you're right. I'll probably let it go soon; too busy to keep pandering to someone who doesn't bother to actually look up any information.

pynch
Posted by Pynchme, Tuesday, 19 May 2009 5:56:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
pynchme:"the DP's job is NOT to judge whether a claim is valid or not; "

Spoken like a good authoritarian, well done you.

What you still fail to grasp is that most people actually PREFER to think for themselves. Just because you like to be told what to do at every turn doesn't mean everyone else is the same. Some people even take pride in their ability to make useful judgements. I'd imagine that the sort of person who'd be interested in becoming a school principal might fall into that category and might even be good at it, unlike yourself.

In this situation, it appears he made a mistake - I'm sure you've never done so, but then, that's the advantage of not making any of your own decisions, isn't it?

pynchme:"Nobody wants to or should have to go through a costly, lengthy court process to regain what has been taken from them."

Oh, I agree. Ask the Child support Agency about what happens when they taken money from people they have no right to take. They'll tell you that the person is welcome to take them to Court. I'm glad you agree with me that that's not right at all.

pynchme:"As to the rest of your speculations; they are just that - speculative

Well done you again! Who told you that? Oh, of course, it was me...
Posted by Antiseptic, Wednesday, 20 May 2009 5:20:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy