The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Kidnappers prefer blondes > Comments

Kidnappers prefer blondes : Comments

By Tara Sena-Becker, published 23/2/2009

Would the media and police care quite so much if JonBenet Ramsay had been black? And, more to the point, would you?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Always refreshing to find a new article that doesn't have climate change in it, although climate change may be why more blonde females are being kidnapped.

My first reaction was Bah Humbug! and then to thought, hmmm, yes, sort of.

The Yorkshire Ripper (Sutcliffe) killed mainly dark haired women but none got the publicity of the American girl. It's fairly clear in the Ramsey murder that the media thought the parents (the father?) did it. That adds impact and conflict.

I'm not so sure the media works for the public. The media works for itself and is more of a blind giant dancing than an inquisitor. It feeds quickly and then moves on.
Posted by Cheryl, Monday, 23 February 2009 9:02:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It seems like in America and South Africa the voters prefer black people. I am not sure what the voters fascination is. Maybe someone should do a study on it.
Posted by runner, Monday, 23 February 2009 10:20:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's an easy target, but ignores the fact that the same kind of bias is universal. I don't think Asians and Lebanese particularly care about the middle class white girl that went missing in America. People are concerned about their own. The bias is more obvious in the west because we have actually allowed mass migration of foreign cultures into our own. Where are the missing white girls in Lebanon, reported or unreported?
Posted by HarryC, Monday, 23 February 2009 11:31:17 AM
I don’t think JonBenet Ramsay was targeted for particular interest because she was blonde..

I think it had far more to do with her pageantry exploits and the criticism her parents received for daring to expose their daughter to such pursuits and then the mystery of the first bungled police investigation.

I have great personal sympathy for her parents, they were unjustly pilloried for the way they brought their daughter up.

As to this article… i think it is a "filler", something written to meet a quota or contractual obligation. Thus it is the stuff of fairy-floss, all appearance and no substance…

Like a lot of blondes I have known (and a couple who I married)

As I said the brunette I dated yesterday, I look into a lady’s eyes and if there is no one home, I walk on by.

And, in that regard, it is surprising how many blondes I find are "not at home" when I look in the eyes, doubtlessly out, thinking about shoe shopping or having a fake tan applied…
Posted by Col Rouge, Monday, 23 February 2009 12:00:01 PM
Forgive me my ignore Col Rouge, but what sort of 'quota' or 'contractual obligation' is being referred to here?? And, on that note, how is this related to the various brunettes and blondes you have dated?
Posted by TanyaR, Monday, 23 February 2009 12:18:53 PM
TanyaR “Forgive me my ignore Col Rouge, but what sort of 'quota' or 'contractual obligation' is being referred to here”

I did not think I had mentioned or referred to any “quota or contractual obligation”, nor did I read it in the article, so I do not have a clue of what you are refering,

“how is this related to the various brunettes and blondes you have dated”

It is not, other than the article is about “blondes” versus “brunettes”

try reading the article Tanya, if you can (read) or get someone to read it for you, it helps (what does the R stand for… (R)etard?)

PS yes, I will forgive your ignorance.
Posted by Col Rouge, Monday, 23 February 2009 1:46:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy